New Substandard Med Supp

Everybody needs to make up their own mind on this, but I like it for many reasons. Also, I don't think there's a direct comparison to MOO's GI plan N.

1. I like that this expands the market. Lowest premium Medigap is a zero sum game (there's only ever one lowest). This opens new possibilities to write MORE business, not just a new carrier that happens to be lowest at a point in time.

2. I've had situations where I could underwrite one spouse and not the other, so they stay put. In this case, you could write both and they will get a spousal discount to boot.

3. MOO was relying on mix of business on the GI plan N. They were giving preferred rates, full commission, commission on disability and NO underwriting. They ended up with a lot of ESRD, especially in TX where previously only plan A was available. This plan pays lower commission, has higher premium, has limited underwriting, etc. It's priced exclusively for substandard risk, since they also have a preferred rate, they know they are only getting substandard business. Almost 50% of Medicare claims come from 5% of the Medicare population, so a little underwriting can make a big difference.

4. Even if you have a GI option now, I like having a second option. Assuming the pricing is better (or you can use the spousal discount), now you have the ability to replace an existing carrier (like BC or AARP). About 50 - 60% of in force Medigap is AARP and BC, so it's nice to have an option that's not one of them.

There isn't a lot of information out there now until they start releasing states and getting more state approvals.

I'm a distributor for Cigna Senior Supplemental, so if you are interested in getting a contract, PM me.

Everybody needs to make up their own mind on this, but I like it for many reasons. Also, I don't think there's a direct comparison to MOO's GI plan N.

1. I like that this expands the market. Lowest premium Medigap is a zero sum game (there's only ever one lowest). This opens new possibilities to write MORE business, not just a new carrier that happens to be lowest at a point in time.

2. I've had situations where I could underwrite one spouse and not the other, so they stay put. In this case, you could write both and they will get a spousal discount to boot.

3. MOO was relying on mix of business on the GI plan N. They were giving preferred rates, full commission, commission on disability and NO underwriting. They ended up with a lot of ESRD, especially in TX where previously only plan A was available. This plan pays lower commission, has higher premium, has limited underwriting, etc. It's priced exclusively for substandard risk, since they also have a preferred rate, they know they are only getting substandard business. Almost 50% of Medicare claims come from 5% of the Medicare population, so a little underwriting can make a big difference.

4. Even if you have a GI option now, I like having a second option. Assuming the pricing is better (or you can use the spousal discount), now you have the ability to replace an existing carrier (like BC or AARP). About 50 - 60% of in force Medigap is AARP and BC, so it's nice to have an option that's not one of them.

There isn't a lot of information out there now until they start releasing states and getting more state approvals.

I'm a distributor for Cigna Senior Supplemental, so if you are interested in getting a contract, PM me.

I see the BC/BS app has underwriting questions where is the info on this product being GI. Has anyone seen the rates on the CIGNA product and if we are already contracted are we going to have to re contract?

I see the BC/BS app has underwriting questions where is the info on this product being GI. Has anyone seen the rates on the CIGNA product and if we are already contracted are we going to have to re contract?

Craig wasn't talking about BCBSGA. Someone else on the thread mentioned BCBS was GI in their state. I think Craig was addressing that.

I don't think ARLIC offers a household discount for Med supp.

According to the person I spoke with they do. It may not be in all states, but it sounded to me that the household discount applies. Just as Craig Ritter mentioned in his post above. And if anyone should know it would be Craig Ritter. It is supposedly a Cigna Med Supp. Whether it's on ARLIC paper or Cigna paper I don't know.

According to the person I spoke with they do. It may not be in all states, but it sounded to me that the household discount applies. Just as Craig Ritter mentioned in his post above. And if anyone should know it would be Craig Ritter. It is supposedly a Cigna Med Supp. Whether it's on ARLIC paper or Cigna paper I don't know.

Looks like there's also:

Cash Bonus Program
New Gym Membership

Looks like there's also:

Cash Bonus Program
New Gym Membership

From what I understand the gym membership is Silver and Fit and it's $25 per year. I prefer Silver Sneakers as there are better gyms in that system than Silver and Fit.

Back