Nice Little Gem from Hometown Quotes

At that time, I asked $35/hour based upon my costs of doing business and allowing for profit, minimum profit. I offered one that I felt was reasonable to get along with a trial at $25/hr for one telemarketer for two weeks and then we would both analyze our respective positions. I knew what I made per average sale as an agent, so trying to find a way to open a new telemarketing market (not solicited by me) I offered a 30 day contract for $75 per sale with the understanding that I personally would call every lead furnished to him to verify sale or no sale. I expected him to cover all leads in 3 days. Multiple sales in same house no extra charge included in my offer.

As a life agent I woudl have happily paid $75 per sale and I was only on 65% contract. My time in front of a prospect was worth the $75 invested. I considered my personal time prospecting wasted compared to time to being in front of a prospect.

After being appoached by 4 or 5 agents, I just stopped seeing them to discuss it. Had my receptionist tell them to send me an offer, none did. Agents objected to my expectation of 45% closing ratio, too. My ratio on leads exceeded 90% So today, for those producing leads I have much respect for, they are doing a helluva job for the short end of the stick, IMO.

Do you understand the concept of shared internet leads?

Well, to be honest I guess I don't. But, I would like to know what you think on this issue since I am never to old to learn, and with over 15000 posts I would have to believe that you have something that I could gain from and that is experience. :yes:

I do not work internet leads presently but if I did I would want the ability to be able to turn it on and off due to my influx of leads and ability to run them as well as if I wanted to spend a month down in Siesta Key drinking margaritas on the beach. Since my prospecting methods are working for me I maintain control and do not have to worry about internet leads and these issues but things could change tomorrow.

That's one of the reasons I used VIMO a lot in the past. I could pause at will. Any time. 24/7. And I did! Same with Leadco.

Those two services worked very well for me when I was buying leads.

I'm out of the loop now when it comes to those two, HTQ, Insureme, etc...

Do you understand the concept of shared internet leads?

Well, to be honest I guess I don't. But, I would like to know what you think on this issue since I am never to old to learn, and with over 15000 posts I would have to believe that you have something that I could gain from and that is experience.

The lead company does not work for you. They work for themselves. You are not their employee. You are not their only customer. You do not get to dictate the terms or price of the leads.

They make an offer. You accept it or not.

IMO once the agent pauses the account then the lead vendor should stop marketing to that area for a client and focus on another agent's area. Once the agent unpauses the account himself "manually" then the lead vendor resumes marketing for that client. Sounds pretty simple for me. I am for the agent maintaining 100% control.

If you decide to take a week off for spring break to swill beer and watch wet t-shirt contests, do you believe folks in your area should stop buying insurance until you get back?

Life doesn't work that way.

If you don't want to buy the leads while you take a break the vendor won't wait until you are ready to start up again.

HTQ is as good as, if not better than most lead vendors out there. No, I am not a shill or a paid spokesperson, but I have used a lot of vendors, including HTQ, and they are by far the best I have ever worked with.

I generate my own leads. Have for some time now. When I take time off to go out of town my leads still come in. I still call them and email even when out of town. I don't have the luxury of letting folks die on the vine just because I am taking a break.

I generate my own leads. Have for some time now. When I take time off to go out of town my leads still come in. I still call them and email even when out of town. I don't have the luxury of letting folks die on the vine just because I am taking a break.

Die on the vine. That cracks me up for some reason.

That's one of the reasons I used VIMO a lot in the past. I could pause at will. Any time. 24/7. And I did! Same with Leadco.

Those two services worked very well for me when I was buying leads.

I'm out of the loop now when it comes to those two, HTQ, Insureme, etc...

Chumps, you CAN Pause at will with HometownQuotes.com! You only need to contact us if you exceed 14 days & then we'll be very reasonable about adding more time to your account. That is Exactly how LGilmore says he handles his account. It works well for most of our agents this way.

You can also manage your account by setting daily caps on the amount of leads you receive as well. Very easy to do.

So Chumps, please put us back on your list of available companies to deal with! :idea:

Back