Not Interested

You said a bit back that you are a great script writer. How did you get that way? Why do you read books and posts if what you are doing is making you a ton of money? It's because you are constantly trying to improve. It is a lean manufacturing concept but you use it know it or not. There are a least 5 different scripts from 5 different people, which one will work the best up here in the north woods? I appreciate all the input and advice. I am trying moon's script and it is doing well. I don't change it when things are going bad I just don't repeat it verbatim every time. Give me a month or two and then I will let you know where I stand. I am willing to bet your call center wasn't built in a day and you have implemented changes along the way. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

No worries and I understand just trying to help.

Saw this on LinkedIn, so I thought I'd share it:

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post...-not-interested?trk=tod-home-art-list-small_1

Picking up the phone and cold calling can be one of the hardest things we have to do in our sales careers. That is until you are equipped with the skills to overcome cold calling objections and challenges by potential prospects.

We are going to start with the Top 3 Knee Jerk/Reflex reactions you get from prospects when calling on them.

I’m not interested.
Can you send me some information?
We have already been taken care of.
Just to be clear, Knee Jerk and Reflex responses have nothing to do with you. When you call, people are busy. Their focus is not on you or your product. You are interrupting their day, and whatever they were doing, so they want to get back to whatever it was as soon as possible. If what they are currently doing is working, why should they listen to you?

Our goal on this call is to get their attention and redirect their focus to the benefits of speaking with us regarding our products or services.

Prospect Response #1: “I’m not interested”

This is used to get you off the phone, and let them get back to what they were doing. Even if it was nothing. Our challenge is the status quo, and our goals is to win the right to speak about our products or services. Choose of the options below, and begin to test which one works best for you.

Option #1:

“That’s fine and many of my best clients told me the same thing as well. But as they learned more about this and saw the benefits, they were glad they took a few minutes. One thing they liked….(add what they liked), is that something that you could benefit from?”

Option #2:

“I didn’t expect you to be interested, you don’t know enough about it yet. But I do know you’re interested in (provide a benefit here – saving money, increasing production, return, etc..) and that’s what we do.” and continue with your pitch.

Option #3:

“I know that _______, if you were interested you’d have called me! But seriously, I know you get a lot of calls, and every now and then it makes sense to listen to the right call, and this is it.”

Option #4:

“________ you probably get a lot of these calls, don’t you? You know, I get them, too, and believe me, I don’t like getting them any more than you do. But every now and then I listen because sometimes I there’s some information out there that will benefit me. And this is that kind of call for you. Let me ask you a quick question (make it a good one to uncover their need!)

Just adapt to your personality and style.

I get a lot of that too. In the rare instance that I actually get someone on the phone, it's usually a "I'm happy with what I got" and today I actually tried to inquire about what the woman had, and she informed me that my questioning was "grossly inappropriate"..... Alrighty then.

I get a lot of that too. In the rare instance that I actually get someone on the phone, it's usually a "I'm happy with what I got" and today I actually tried to inquire about what the woman had, and she informed me that my questioning was "grossly inappropriate"..... Alrighty then.

Usually they just say no I don't want to give that out. I have quite a few that said no but they said I could check next year so I threw them in the CRM. Had some ask for call back about advantage and PDP's. For the most part only 3 that I can think of were nasty. I just can't get 2 good weeks in a row, I get 3 or 4 sales then nothing for awhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Yup, just as I suspected. They hear "save money" - and think that means "less coverage". They DON'T hear "without changing your benefits".

Try this:

"This is ______________. Did I get you at a bad time? (called a pattern interrupt) Great, I'm sure my name is not familiar to you. Would it be ok if I take 15 seconds to tell you why I'm calling, and then you can decide whether we continue the conversation? I've been talking with many seniors in _______ County who are confused about their Medicare coverage, uneasy that they have the right coverage for them, or frustrated that they may be paying too high a premium for their coverage.
Would any of those apply to you?"

Cold calling has some serious limitations. Your ONLY goal in doing it should be to start a conversation. It allows you to probe for dissatisfaction on all levels - not just price.

Good luck.

This was what was posted earlier in this thread.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Back