Not Interested

rugerred

Guru
100+ Post Club
When you get not interested or I am happy with what I have, how hard do you push? I find myself just saying ok thank you and moving on. Am I giving up to soon? This is for med supps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

When you get not interested or I am happy with what I have, how hard do you push? I find myself just saying ok thank you and moving on. Am I giving up to soon? This is for med supps.

The only step further I go is to make sure they know I'm not charging them for this. Often people will be more receptive if they don't have to take their wallets out.

If they tell you they are not interested in the possibility of saving hundreds of dollars for the same exact coverage........you just can't fix that kind of stupid.

Yes, often not interested is just the first thing that pops into someone's head, and they just blurt it out.

Everyone is happy with the way their plan pays, but I don't know anyone that isn't interested in paying less for the same thing.

If you are the one cold calling, I assume you have their age or DOB and zip. Before you dial look up a rate for plan G (or D) at their age and zip. When they say they are happy, ask them if they are paying more than $X.

Since most people (that have Medigap) have plan F, by quoting a rate for G you should at least get their attention.

There are two things working for someone who cold calls, chemistry and timing. You are looking for people who like your approach, voice, tone, what you have to say, and then there are people who happen to be thinking about their rate increase or if they have a good deal or not because the agent that signed them up years ago hasn't called them.
Don't push, pull, keep calling, your looking for chemistry and timing.

Everyone is happy with the way their plan pays, but I don't know anyone that isn't interested in paying less for the same thing.

If you are the one cold calling, I assume you have their age or DOB and zip. Before you dial look up a rate for plan G (or D) at their age and zip. When they say they are happy, ask them if they are paying more than $X.

Since most people (that have Medigap) have plan F, by quoting a rate for G you should at least get their attention.

I should mention that I am in WI. Its a little different animal here.
Thanks for the response.
Yesterday I was the windshield today I am the bug.

I always thought a good response would be: "How long has it been since you've checked the expiration date of that policy?"

At least it may cause them to think about the answer, then ZOWIE, ya gotz um.

There are some people who are happy with what they have, and fear change. Perhaps you fellas don't come across this very much, but some insurance agents that call on the phone don't care about the senior, and will churn them to make a fast buck, then evaporate.

Call friends of your own parents and try these lines. See how well they work. Talk to them the way you want someone talking to your parents.

By telling me, "Don't you want to save $100 on the same plan?" would make me say, "Yes, mail it to me. You have my number, which means you have my address. Mail it to me." CLICK!
:nah:

The thought I get is ok your happy and I try to go the next step but it has not been very successful. I don't feel comfortable pushing too hard on a senior and just thank them and move on. I might be making more of it than it is because I don't have a ton of experience calling.
I wanted to see what the rest of the world does at that point.

Back