Obama Care Resource

May 28, 2015

Revised CMS Guide for Obtaining a Qualified Health Plan with/without Advance Premium Tax Credits after lapsing a prior QHP for non-payment of premium.
https://www.regtap.info/uploads/library/REVISED_Bulletin10GracePeriods_5CR_091214.pdf

The part A looks like what we knew (not an SEP, can re-apply during OEP, it's a "new enrollment" even if with the same carrier/plan, carrier can't pursue past-due premiums from old enrollment).

Part B is interesting. It basically says if you pay October, lapse November/December, they'll automatically renew you and the carrier must accept the enrollment (yes, they underlined must). They can attribute any payments to the outstanding debt, but if it's still not paid in full before the end of the grace period, they term retro to last day paid. Since OEP extends into 2015, they can just re-apply and have the debt wiped.

I'm sure you all can put 2 & 2 together to figure out what that all means.

July 16, 2015

Is this recent 1-page Q&A from CMS to Agents saying that we are allowed to use a WBE's "back door" access to the Marketplace/Exchange for assisting clients? It seems to say that logging in to HC.gov directly is a no-no. But accessing our client's account through a Web Broker Entity is OK.

Q&A: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-a...Downloads/FAQ-AB-Consumer-Functionality_2.pdf

What do ya think?

ac

I use the WBE channel to access account status for my clients on a regular basis, there is a place to electronically sign that you are authorized by the client to access the application results (you can't make changes in the application or do an update), that can only be done through the consumer account-if the application was originally created through a WBE or carrier then the consumer needs to create a Marketplace account and pull down the application to make a change (the process isn't particularly easy but safer than just creating a new application, unfortunately).

July 16, 2015

Is this recent 1-page Q&A from CMS to Agents saying that we are allowed to use a WBE's "back door" access to the Marketplace/Exchange for assisting clients? It seems to say that logging in to HC.gov directly is a no-no. But accessing our client's account through a Web Broker Entity is OK.

Q&A: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-a...Downloads/FAQ-AB-Consumer-Functionality_2.pdf

What do ya think?

ac

What about if you're doing a screen share (i.e. - join.me) and the client logs in and then asks you to make the necessary changes?

What about if you're doing a screen share (i.e. - join.me) and the client logs in and then asks you to make the necessary changes?

Apparently they don't address it directly . . .basically they want the agent to disappear even if someone needs help or can't use a computer proficiently. Use your own judgement, I guess. . .

I use the WBE channel to access account status for my clients on a regular basis, there is a place to electronically sign that you are authorized by the client to access the application results (you can't make changes in the application or do an update), that can only be done through the consumer account-if the application was originally created through a WBE or carrier then the consumer needs to create a Marketplace account and pull down the application to make a change (the process isn't particularly easy but safer than just creating a new application, unfortunately).

That's great to know, FLM2. Thanx! BTW...which Web Broker Entity are you referring to?

That's great to know, FLM2. Thanx! BTW...which Web Broker Entity are you referring to?

The Sherp-I go to my dashboard, click on any application (it doesn't matter which one), click on 'Access', enter my FFM information, and then do the application search.

Back