ObamaCare Battle Not Over, Despite Court Ruling

I guess you never read the Constitution. If not specifically given to the feds it goes to the states. Now show me when the have the power to deal with health insurance. Rick

I hate to agree with Rick, but he's right. If it's not given to the Feds it's supposed to be left up to the states.

I guess you never read the Constitution. If not specifically given to the feds it goes to the states.

Now show me when the have the power to deal with health insurance.

Rick

I wish we had zero federal regulations, but that's not realistic.

A system requiring or utilizing judges opens itself to interpretation. If you feel better qualified to determine what is allowed by the Constitution than Judges steeped in Constitutional Law while sitting on the Supreme Court, perhaps you are wasting your time in the wrong profession.

As I mentioned in another thread, "The law is what the judge just said it was." I charge you with finding an experienced attorney that disagrees.

Don't confuse crickets with lack of time spent on the forum/internet. I generally do not view this forum more than a few times per week, and rarely on weekends or evenings. This post is an obvious exception.

I wish we had zero federal regulations, but that's not realistic.

A system requiring or utilizing judges opens itself to interpretation. If you feel better qualified to determine what is allowed by the Constitution than Judges steeped in Constitutional Law while sitting on the Supreme Court, perhaps you are wasting your time in the wrong profession.

As I mentioned in another thread, "The law is what the judge just said it was." I charge you with finding an experienced attorney that disagrees.

Don't confuse crickets with lack of time spent on the forum/internet. I generally do not view this forum more than a few times per week, and rarely on weekends or evenings. This post is an obvious exception.

I knew you couldn't answer the original question as to where you find it in the Constitution. And yes, I am better qualified than judges who are steeped in partisan politics.

Our jackasses on the court did not define the law - they made the law. We no longer have a judicial branch, but apparently two legislative branches.

Rick

I knew you couldn't answer the original question as to where you find it in the Constitution. And yes, I am better qualified than judges who are steeped in partisan politics.

Our jackasses on the court did not define the law - they made the law. We no longer have a judicial branch, but apparently two legislative branches.

Rick

Why would I waste my time offering an unqualified answer when the more qualified answer would be located in the ruling offered by the SCOTUS.

Why would I waste my time offering an unqualified answer when the more qualified answer would be located in the ruling offered by the SCOTUS.

I don't know. You certainly are wasting your time not answering the question.

Maybe you need to actually have your own opinion and read the Constitution. SCOTUS isn't always right. They upheld slavery and also that Blacks were 3/5 of a white person.

Some of us think for ourselves. Some of us are sheep.

Rick

I don't know. You certainly are wasting your time not answering the question.

Maybe you need to actually have your own opinion and read the Constitution. SCOTUS isn't always right. They upheld slavery and also that Blacks were 3/5 of a white person.

Some of us think for ourselves. Some of us are sheep.

Rick

Don't ask me how to build a computer either.

Sir Isaac Newton was once asked by a reporter, "What is it like to know all there is to know". Newton responded by picking up a pebble, tossing it into the ocean and said, "The ripples represent what I know, the ocean represents all there is to know."

I don't pretend to know everything, and I generally reserve my thoughts for matters within my control. There are 9 opinions on this planet that are relevant to this subject.

Don't ask me how to build a computer either.

Sir Isaac Newton was once asked by a reporter, "What is it like to know all there is to know". Newton responded by picking up a pebble, tossing it into the ocean and said, "The ripples represent what I know, the ocean represents all there is to know."

I don't pretend to know everything, and I generally reserve my thoughts for matters within my control. There are 9 opinions on this planet that are relevant to this subject.

Every opinion is relevant. But if you want to sit back and go with the flow, have at it.

Some of us even vote!

You must be incredibly happy because ignorance is bliss.

Last word is yours. I've burned too many brain cells trying to actually have a discussion with a non-thinker.

Rick

rick again show me specifically... thanks. I understand states rights. but please point out specifically where health insurance is mentioned within the constitution? Or is that your opinion of where it should be?

This has already been decided and the outcome is what it is. As it has always been with insurance... adjust or die.

But I understand your position, all you're missing is a lawn to tell kids to get off of.. ;)

rick again show me specifically... thanks. I understand states rights. but please point out specifically where health insurance is mentioned within the constitution? Or is that your opinion of where it should be?

This has already been decided and the outcome is what it is. As it has always been with insurance... adjust or die.

But I understand your position, all you're missing is a lawn to tell kids to get off of.. ;)

And I understand your position.

I can't change things but at least I have an opinion. And I have put myself out there by running for insurance commissioner even though I knew I wouldn't win.

As I posted, SCOTUS said that separate but equal was fine so I guess you'd go along with that as well.

If laws are bad we need to change them. Or you can simply go along with the other sheep.

Rick

What year was it Rick?

The flaws will be worked out over time.

Cheers.

Oh, and my neighbor ran for governor here as well. He's still my neighbor.

----------

So? You're going back to 1896 with your citation? ;)

Yea, that's showing me for sure.

And my neighbor ran for governor here, couldn't even carry the block. Still my neighbor. Glad to hear you did the same. How'd you do?

Back