Obtaining Insurance (P&C) License in Utah

sevenwords

Hello first post..
I held my P&C License in California for 6 years in California and am probably going to apply for my license in Utah.... I am wondering if anyone has experience with obtaining their insurance license in this state as I am curious as to the background check for the license. I do not have any type of criminal record and want to know if their is anything in particular that would be cause for denial in Utah that I am unaware of...I have heard that it is a little different here and possibly more strict on the background criteria.

Any insight would be helpful..Thanks in advance!

Hello first post..
I held my P&C License in California for 6 years in California and am probably going to apply for my license in Utah.... I am wondering if anyone has experience with obtaining their insurance license in this state as I am curious as to the background check for the license. I do not have any type of criminal record and want to know if their is anything in particular that would be cause for denial in Utah that I am unaware of...I have heard that it is a little different here and possibly more strict on the background criteria.

Any insight would be helpful..Thanks in advance!

If you have no criminal history or anything related to moral terpitude you should be fine. I have my life, health, and P&C and had no issues with either even though I had a bk 10 years ago.

If you have no criminal history or anything related to moral terpitude you should be fine. I have my life, health, and P&C and had no issues with either even though I had a bk 10 years ago.

Awesome, Although I'm not 100% sure what the actual definition of moral terptitude is I appreciate the help... thanks!

Awesome, Although I'm not 100% sure what the actual definition of moral terptitude is I appreciate the help... thanks!
It's spelled turpitude, nearly always preceded by moral. It's used in legal documents mostly and refers to conduct that is depraved or far below society's standards of morality. Not a good thing.

Back