Online Marketing Plan

runawaykinms

Expert
Hello Everyone,

I have recently created my website and although it is still a work in progress, it is live. However, I am starting to think ahead and have created a basic online marketing plan. I have no expierience with this, so this is probably very basic. However, I was hoping others would add more suggestions or even include their plan.

Here is mine thus far:

1. I submitted my website URL to the major search engines.

I first started by adding the site to the main search engines.
Google: www.google.com/addurl
Yahoo: Yahoo! Submit Your Site

Here is a list of several other search engines you can submit your site to: Add URL – Free Search Engine Submission Links | Traffic Flow SEO

Keep in mind that after submitting your URL to one of these sites, your site will usually get placed on the others after some time.

2. Submit your website to web directories.

I started by searching for directories in my local area. For example, I would do a google search like "business directories, my city name"

I made a list of each directory and submitted my website URL to most of them. There were a few that required a fee, so I did not use those directories just yet.

3. Social Media

Although I have not completed this step just yet, I plan to soon. With most people using sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn I would suggest creating a social media presence. Because most people trust their friend's and family's advice a "like" from one of the above sites may earn you some credibility and possible website traffic.

4. Content with backlinks

Use several methods to create content that could lead visitors back to your website. Here are some of the methods I know of:

a. Blogs
b. Articles (Ezine Articles)
c. Forums
d. Videos

Again, this is just a basic plan/outline I have come up with thus far with my limited knowledge. I would love it if others could contribute other ideas or links to resources regarding this topic.

Some good ideas! But that SE link is 3 1/2 years old. Maybe a more current link from a more reliable source may be better...if at all.

I will see if there is a more current list. I think there are some programs out there that will submit your URL for free to several sites at once.

Also, I just found this link and think it may be helpful for anyone looking to start writing articles:

List Of Top 50 Article Directories By Traffic, PageRank

Don't worry so much about SEO right now, what is important is what is on your website. Step 1 is to have a good website and a reason for them to stay on the site. You can drive tons of people to a website and if they dont stay on it, what good is it. Even if you are page 1 , link 1 on google, they will have to find a good reason to use your website and stay on it.

You can drive traffic to your website really easy. Everything from linkedin, forums, facebook, email, ad on your business cards to just about everything. Google will find your youtube videos if you have them about your website and list them.

Step 1, don't worry so much about submitting your website to search engines.

That stopped being necessary several years ago.

You need links.

Go to google places and yahoo local, and sign up for those, make FULL profiles. A full profile includes pictures and video. Every box should contain something.

Go to local review sites, and post reviews pointed back to yourself and your local pages. The reviews dont have to be dishonest, just say I run the business, we're new, but we'd love to help you.

Search your address and make sure no other businesses are listed there.

Blog on your website, making sure to use local and state keywords.

That method will get you the most effect the fastest. National keywords require knowing how to do stuff to rank for. Local and state usually don't.

These sound like good ideas, overall to me. However, I don't think only on line is the best bet. Are you also doing other marketing actions? Like mailers, or door to door fliers, or telemarketing, or open houses or advertising etc? I wouldn't do one and not another...

These sound like good ideas, overall to me. However, I don't think only on line is the best bet. Are you also doing other marketing actions? Like mailers, or door to door fliers, or telemarketing, or open houses or advertising etc? I wouldn't do one and not another...

Yep, I am still doing those things as well!

Back