Online Pre-Licensing Courses

Seth_Holloway

Hello this is my first post, I have been interviewing with AGLA and now I am in the process starting my Pre-Licensing Courses. I decided not to do the class room route because I learn better at my on pace and I am a night owl. I am coming from the entertainment industry into the insurance industry and it has been about 20 years since I went to school. I have chosen to do the online course direction. I wanted to see if any one could answer a few specific questions about the different online courses. I am in the state of Tennessee and seems that most offer courses in that state. I just recently signed up for proschools.com, I am having a problem with them because they just give you printed material to read and then some interactive things and then quizes and I am not to good at reading and understanding stuff. (They offer a money back guarantee, even if you have accessed the course) What I am looking for in an online course is a very interactive multimedia course with video and audio presentations. I have been looking at several of them, watching the videos and wanted to see if anyone had an input or suggestions of which might have the most interactive content. I have been looking at ExamFX, A.D. Banker and Kaplan. Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O sorry the other one was ochancetofail.com.

Thanks once again.

Last edited:
Good luck. I took my pre-licensing online as well but it wasn't very interactive. It was basically a study manual online that I read, took notes, and then tested on. I'm not sure if there are any "interactive" online schools. I hope you find one.

Kaplan is similar, but has some videos you may watch. Testteachers online uses a manual and 7-8 hours of online videos. I am considering them for series 6/63. I think most insurance online Ed at this point is what you are getting with pro schools

All I have ever done is take the practice tests until I can score better than 85% and then I take the exam. I don't read the books, or watch the videos or anything. I learn the material from the practice exams. I have never scored less than 85% on an insurance exam.

If you're not good at reading, how are you going to make it in this business? You need to do a lot of reading such as underwriting guides, product info, continuing education, etc.

Thanks everyone for your answers, Carol I am good at reading just not at reading and learning. I learn more by doing than reading. That is the point in the entertainment industry we have to read tons of contracts. Just what I am looking for is I learn more by doing than reading. And since this is all new to me and I graduated college some 20 years ago it is just easier to learn by watching a lecture or listening to what I read or interacting with things.

Anyone used Exam FX, AD Banker or 0chancetofail.com ???? If so are they more interactive, with video and audio or just a copy of the book to read ???

Thanks once again

I used ExamFx. It was basically an online study guide with a few videos. I think they also had audio files that you could download but I did not. I bought the print study guide, which I found useful, but it was optional. It's set up so you go through all of the lessons and take quizzes before you are able to take the practice exams. It worked for me but I wouldn't call it interactive - tedious is more like it. For true interaction, I think you would have to go the classroom route that you are trying to avoid.

I worked in the Music Business end of it where I did a little bit of everything, radio promotion and marketing, branding, management, concert promotion, tour management, publishing and I ran a bands record label for 6 years. I have been in that industry for 23 years now and got my college degree in it. But with today's economy that industry is falling apart and no one is buying music anymore. It has gone from over 200 million in US sales in 2003 to 23 million in sales last year. Most all the record labels are downsizing to the point where they used to have whole departments running things to 2 to 5 people are running everything now. I live in Nashville and Music Row is like a ghost town, you can actually see the tumble weeds moving along. So AGLA offered me a position and I took it and here I am.

CiCi thanks for the info. Has anyone used A. D. Banker ???

Back