Online Pre-licensing Schools

Gonzales

I am located in CA and been looking to start taking the required courses to get my life and health license. I found a couple of websites that looked to be good ie: prelicensing.com. They offer the course for $79. So my question is do you guys have any favorites or better recommendations? I am very new to the insurance field and know only what I read online. After I obtain my license I hope to get on with an independent for training and guidance. Any members here from the Central Valley? Thank you in advance.

Sal Gonzales

I am located in CA and been looking to start taking the required courses to get my life and health license. I found a couple of websites that looked to be good ie: prelicensing.com. They offer the course for $79. So my question is do you guys have any favorites or better recommendations? I am very new to the insurance field and know only what I read online. After I obtain my license I hope to get on with an independent for training and guidance. Any members here from the Central Valley? Thank you in advance.

Sal Gonzales

I tried Hondros College online course and did not get a good feel for the material. I then took the 5 day classroom course and passed the test a week after that.

My favorite on-line school for either pre-licensing or CE has always been whatever is cheapest. ;)

Thank you all. I'm going to look into them all. I will most likely end with whats cheapest in price. I'm looking forward to this new stage in my career. Now I just need to find a Mentor. I think I'm going to start calling some indy's around my area.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I used examfx for my prelicensing classes and had no trouble passing any of the tests. Best of luck to you! :)

Does anybody have a discount code for examFX? If so I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
I like proschools.com. For P&C I used Kaplan, but found too many errors in their study materials. However, they just redid their video training which is helpful. I don't think proschools has that. For L&H, I'd check out proschools.

Thank you all. I'm going to look into them all. I will most likely end with whats cheapest in price. I'm looking forward to this new stage in my career. Now I just need to find a Mentor. I think I'm going to start calling some indy's around my area.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does anybody have a discount code for examFX? If so I would greatly appreciate it.

Wish I did...sorry! I tried to find one for myself as well... :swoon:

I used ad banker and it was around $50 but that was with a promo code that I got from AFLAC. I passed my test the first time and I had no prior experience in insurance before hand.

Latest posts

Back