Opinion Needed

Lets see for starters because of the E-cigs he will be smoker class with everybody but Pru. Looks like he is also taking stuff for his heart, diabetes and depression?

Does he have any coverage now? Anything you can convert?

Yea, not a candidate for fully underwritten products.

The other thing that would concern me is if he doesn't have any life insurance at 51. I have a feeling is if it isn't damn near free, he's not a prospect.

Non tobacco with Americo for FE.

"Non tobacco with Americo for FE. "

are you certain about that class with ecigs involved?

When I asked last month, the only carrier that didn't treat e cigs as tobacco was pru.

So Americo doesn't care about it or do they already price for it?

"Non tobacco with Americo for FE. "

are you certain about that class with ecigs involved?

When I asked last month, the only carrier that didn't treat e cigs as tobacco was pru.

So Americo doesn't care about it or do they already price for it?

They are non tobacco for pipes, cigars and smokeless tobacco. I asked them about the esigs about 2 months ago and they said they could answer no to the question of "have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?".

That is the question on the app. This is only for their UP series. Every other Americo product asks "any form" and they would have to answer yes to that with esigs.

They are non tobacco for pipes, cigars and smokeless tobacco. I asked them about the esigs about 2 months ago and they said they could answer no to the question of "have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?".

That is the question on the app. This is only for their UP series. Every other Americo product asks "any form" and they would have to answer yes to that with esigs.

eSig is still not a tobacco product if the question is have you used tobacco in the last 12 months. If they ask bout nicotine, it would be yes.

"eSig is still not a tobacco product if the question is have you used tobacco in the last 12 months. If they ask bout nicotine, it would be yes. "

I think this is one of those areas where you get an up/down from the insurance carrier (and document the crap out of it.) before you fill out any application. When I asked about his before the only answer anybody had was Pru. I called several other carriers directly and asked the question. Every single one came back smoker. I would be positively absolutely 100% sure on this issue.

"eSig is still not a tobacco product if the question is have you used tobacco in the last 12 months. If they ask bout nicotine, it would be yes. "

I think this is one of those areas where you get an up/down from the insurance carrier (and document the crap out of it.) before you fill out any application. When I asked about his before the only answer anybody had was Pru. I called several other carriers directly and asked the question. Every single one came back smoker. I would be positively absolutely 100% sure on this issue.

I agree with you on that. Just because they told me it could be answered no to smoking cigarettes I would be leery of actually writing one.

I agree with you on that. Just because they told me it could be answered no to smoking cigarettes I would be leery of actually writing one.

In the notes section of the UP app, would you write eSig user? I've taken a page from your book and put "dips" in the notes section before just as a CYA.

In the notes section of the UP app, would you write eSig user? I've taken a page from your book and put "dips" in the notes section before just as a CYA.

I haven't written one yet but, yes, I would write it in there.

I write "smokes cigars" or "uses smokeless tobacco", etc. in there now. Not because I'm worried about underwriting because they advertise they will do non tobacco for those.

I write that on the app for the agent that trying to replace my policy by saying I shouldn't have quoted them non tobacco.

If I have an esig user though I will put it on there so the company will have to make a decision.

Jd I do the same thing with pru and dippers, you know the urine or blood is going to come back positive with nicotine so it just covers the applicant and myself.

Interesting that this has taken a turn to a discussion on the e-cigs. They are becoming more prevalent by the day. I know of at least 3 shops in out small town and it seems like everywhere you look someone has one of them dangling off their neck. I think it is something that all of the companies will a have to address officially at some point or another.

Jd I do the same thing with pru and dippers, you know the urine or blood is going to come back positive with nicotine so it just covers the applicant and myself.

Interesting that this has taken a turn to a discussion on the e-cigs. They are becoming more prevalent by the day. I know of at least 3 shops in out small town and it seems like everywhere you look someone has one of them dangling off their neck. I think it is something that all of the companies will a have to address officially at some point or another.

I suspect they will try to wait for some more research showing the health effects and if pushed will treat it like they treat any other tobacco product, unless they treat cigarettes differently from other tobacco products. I believe those companies will give e-cig the same rating they giving chewing tobacco or cigars.

I have a strong suspicion in the end that the health effects aren't going to be much different than cigarettes. Really the difference between cigars and cigarettes is most people don't smoke half a box of cigars a day. But they can easily smoke a pack or two of cigarettes.

Back