Out of pocket or deductible

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
In the last year I lowered my deductibles for a couple of reasons. One main one is I am doing a lot more highway road trips and windshields and parts are so freaking expensive.

So, I recently found a good sized dent in one of the car's passenger side rear door. I am guessing a parking lot. I 'think' it is repairable without a door skin. My choices are turn it into USAA and pay the $500s or come out of pocket to my body guy that has done some work for me in the past. I am guessing $2-$3,000.
I had a 50/50 at fault about 3 years ago. And several not at faults.

Not sure I want the hit to my insurance or the CarFax showing the hit.

Any opinions?

More info needed:
How much is your insurance? Do you have Superior and Good Driving Discounts? How old is the Car? How much is your auto insurance? Does USAA pretend to have claim forgiveness? Have you called and spoken with USAA? How many kids do you have or will you have on your policy? What types of autos? How old are you?

PM me if you want and Ill give you an opinion wino.

More info needed:
How much is your insurance? Do you have Superior and Good Driving Discounts? How old is the Car? How much is your auto insurance? Does USAA pretend to have claim forgiveness? Have you called and spoken with USAA? How many kids do you have or will you have on your policy? What types of autos? How old are you?

PM me if you want and Ill give you an opinion wino.

Honestly, I have no idea how much we pay.
This car is a 2021
My youngest went on her own insurance a couple years ago.
I used to to suffer from 'speedingticketitis' but have not been caught in over 10 years.
I do not want to call them to have it on record.
Well past AARP age.

Caveat, not an agent.

Toilet plunger?

or if more severe

Paintless dent repair?
(and to me, your posts pretty much say you want to pay for it yourself.)

There is a body line. So no easy dent repair.

Yeah, I don't really want to have it on record as I may sell it in the next year.

I guess I need to get an estimate and put a price tag on my want.

Should have done that before coming here.

However, I would go with paying for it yourself if the cost was bearable.

Especially, since there's nobody else making a claim against you.

Yeah, planning to do that when I get back to the West Coast. On the East Coast for a couple weeks.

Am I correct that if I call USAA it will be on my file regardless if I file a claim or not?

Am I correct that if I call USAA it will be on my file regardless if I file a claim or not?

Hard to say.

When you call the claims department, you don't get to talk to a claim rep until a file is opened and a claim number is assigned. A claim can be closed no payment but it's still on record. Possibly no effect on rates, but who knows these days.

What is it you want to ask at USAA that isn't being covered by the answers you're getting here?

Hard to say.

When you call the claims department, you don't get to talk to a claim rep until a file is opened and a claim number is assigned. A claim can be closed no payment but it's still on record. Possibly no effect on rates, but who knows these days.

What is it you want to ask at USAA that isn't being covered by the answers you're getting here?

My guy quoted me $1,500 and includes fixing my old man curb rash and a couple of small door edges. So, I will go that route.

Thanks

Back