Out of state exam question

Jocko

Hi, this is my first post here, and so before I ask questions ill give some background on myself im 22, Looking into moving to Florida from Missouri in the next five months. My question is, can I take the pre-licensing course for Florida (200hrs) then take the national exam online as a current mo resident? Would I have to be a citizen to get said license? I don't have a license at all at the moment, so I'm assuming that makes things less complicated, but as with most of this stuff, I only know enough to be confused Lol, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

Long Story Short: Assuming you are certain of moving to Florida, I would just study for their exam and make FL your resident license state.

You could make MO your resident license state and then get licensed in FL as a non resident, but then when you got there you would have to file for a change, I believe - you would have to ask the FL dept of insurance.

But 200 hours of class, plus an exam - thats not easy. And its not going to happen overnight.

Long Story Short: Assuming you are certain of moving to Florida, I would just study for their exam and make FL your resident license state.

You could make MO your resident license state and then get licensed in FL as a non resident, but then when you got there you would have to file for a change, I believe - you would have to ask the FL dept of insurance.

But 200 hours of class, plus an exam - thats not easy. And its not going to happen overnight.
Two hundred hours is pretty insane. At least to me. I will probably end up getting my P&C after I'm a resident of Florida. It is a pain but it's really the only way I see.

Back