Metlife
Safeco
Travelers
Foremost
Lincoln Financial
MedLink
Prime Insurance
United

Think an agent can be successful with these appointments?

With auto maybe. I think ASI is the only company writing HO and not sure how competitive they are.

SIAA will allow you to do monthly payments for the down payment.
You are still 100% Independant

and with smart choice I don't believe there is binding authority. Lookup posts by flainsure -smart guy...i spoke with him before...he has an agency in south florida with siaa doing well...he's moving to orlando though.

I have'nt ruled them out yet, I spoke with SIAA however and their not putting on scratch agencies in south florida...unless you heard otherwise that's what SAN told me.

You have binding authority with SIAA, Smartchoice, and Iroquis. Don't know the details of the FL market though.

We found an outfit with no upfront cost, reasonable comm split and plentiful contracts in FL.

Ed,

Would this outfit consider a scratch agent in South Fla? The gentleman above you is correct, I confirmed and SIAA is not accepting agents unless you have an existing book of business.

and you won't get appointments any other way if you go scratch.

Look into buying a book of business, is another alternative.

I'm not ruling out SIAA, while the monetary buy in is huge, the not 100% independance is huge for me as well...all those things will be mute if you open and don't have anywhere to place customers through.

No carriers=no business. Dont be stupid about the independent stuff. It will take you 15 years to build a book where anyone would want to appoint you.
By the way SIAA is NOT appointing anyone in S Florida.

By the way SIAA is NOT appointing anyone in S Florida.

Not anyone scratch at least, they will talk to you if you have a book of business.

My question is, why would you need SIAA if you already have the book of business and essentially the carriers?

I'm guessing if its only the carriers that everyone else has..and you want the ones you can't get on your own?

In Miami-Dade, we have Citizens - that is about it!!

I know there are only 25 or so carriers that still write homeowners in South Florida, specifically Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County.

Anyone know of a cluster or GA who has access to these carriers or will this just be a "beg the carrier for a direct appointment" kind of deal?

I know SIAA serves South Florida through SAN of Tampa Bay but I'm trying to avoid SIAA if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Back