P&C clusters

Stephan

Hello,

I have been reading through a form and have not found the answer to my questions.
I'm recently licensed in my home state CO P&C and waiting for CA,IL licenses.
I will be mostly working on :
1.Trucking Insurances(clients lined up)
2. Home(I do RE on the side)
3. Auto insurance

Problem I'm having is finding a Cluster who cover all those named states and named insurances. At this point, I'm not sure what to do.
1. Do I get to work with different clusters in every states?
2. Do I get to find different Clusters in Trucking and Home and AI?

I wanna be able to provide the most for my clients and have them more choices. That's why I'm considering Clusters, but according to my research most named Clusters would not work with new agents.

I'd really appreciate if someone directs me in right way.

Thank you!

How long have you been licensed? CA is the Hardest market in the US today. Trucking is a complicated market. The US is in he hardest market in 40 years. Most carriers are not dying to have a new agent selling widgets at a loss. (Insurance policy that is guaranteed to lose them money) They certainly want an agent that understands the landscape. We are in CO, CA, and IL. but before we bring an agent on they need to understand they are coming into insurance at a tough moment in time. Watch all these videos then call me? Industry Videos – Premier Group Insurance (pgiagents.com) if you ae in Denver metroplex I can help shed light on the process you are about to start.

I mean this all with respect, just trying to post quickly before I run another direction today:
Ah you are new.....Let me just put a finer point on it. This will be tough to hear. You want access to tons of markets in the most complicated state in the US where markets are bailing left and right. (CA) And you want the access as a Nonresident, when carriers are trying to keep access available to resident agents.

You are also wanting to get into a line that is a complicated line (Trucking) Carriers and subsequently clusters are not dying to have a new agent stumble and struggle into production and more importantly profit at this moment in time.

I know you got a license now and you want to write every trucker and household in every state and you don't understand the complexities of all the markets, the products and uniqueness of the geographic areas. In your mind you should be able to get a nonres and produce anything you want and make a killing. If it were that easy everyone would. CO is unique, CA is certainly unique. IL is unique, Trucking in unique. The carriers in all those states are unique. What is happening in all those state from an insurance perceptive is unique. The Market as a whole is unique right now.

I would suggest getting your thoughts down in a business plan. Let someone like me help formulate your thoughts in the plan.

I have been doing this for 20 years. Old dogs have been doing it for 40. They are all saying this is the hardest market they have seen in their career.

I'm not saying you should not get into insurance. Its Amazing. But this is a complex time to get in and there is a lot to learn. Your line of questioning shows just how much there is to learn.

I mean this all with respect, just trying to post quickly before I run another direction today:
Ah you are new.....Let me just put a finer point on it. This will be tough to hear. You want access to tons of markets in the most complicated state in the US where markets are bailing left and right. (CA) And you want the access as a Nonresident, when carriers are trying to keep access available to resident agents.

You are also wanting to get into a line that is a complicated line (Trucking) Carriers and subsequently clusters are not dying to have a new agent stumble and struggle into production and more importantly profit at this moment in time.

I know you got a license now and you want to write every trucker and household in every state and you don't understand the complexities of all the markets, the products and uniqueness of the geographic areas. In your mind you should be able to get a nonres and produce anything you want and make a killing. If it were that easy everyone would. CO is unique, CA is certainly unique. IL is unique, Trucking in unique. The carriers in all those states are unique. What is happening in all those state from an insurance perceptive is unique. The Market as a whole is unique right now.

I would suggest getting your thoughts down in a business plan. Let someone like me help formulate your thoughts in the plan.

I have been doing this for 20 years. Old dogs have been doing it for 40. They are all saying this is the hardest market they have seen in their career.

I'm not saying you should not get into insurance. Its Amazing. But this is a complex time to get in and there is a lot to learn. Your line of questioning shows just how much there is to learn.

Seconded. This is good advice.

when carriers are trying to keep access available to resident agents.
Carriers want CA agents to have access right now in California? That is news to me.
Seriously - mostly good advice.

California - Stay Far Away

Trucking - Have heard this is fairly Complicated, Litigious, and prone to making the agents Alcholics. Much of it might be non admitted

Auto - Yah, OK

Real Estate on the Side? Wow- you could be busy

On the cluster side there is already ample information to address many of these questions on this forum, find the search button, grab a brew, and start reading.

Last edited:
Trucking is a nightmare. If a trucking company contacts me, I usually just walk away. BTW I am commercial p&c in California, and it's pretty bad. I'm doing fine, but I am a 11 year veteran with an established book of clients that trust me.

I can't speak for any other states, but this is absolutely by far the worst time to be coming into this market that I have seen, and it looks like it may be getting worse.

Trucking is a nightmare. If a trucking company contacts me, I usually just walk away. BTW I am commercial p&c in California, and it's pretty bad. I'm doing fine, but I am a 11 year veteran with an established book of clients that trust me.

Trucking is atrocious, but generates a lot of premium! You might as well quote them, you might land a few even if you think you won't be competitive.

Unless you just don't want to service them. They whine a lot, understandably.

Back