P&C FMO's or IMO's

You would have to be a lot more specific.
  • What State?
  • What Lines of Insurance?
  • Personal Commercial?
  • Admitted or Nonadmitted?
  • For Commercial Wat types of Business and What Avg Premium Size?
  • Instant Bind, Market Access, Exactly what you are looking for here?
  • At least two paragraphs of what you are attempting to accomplish here also might really help you out.

Hi I just got my license and I am looking for an IMO or FMO that will contract new broker's on P&C side of business in Florida.

Hi I just got my license and I am looking for an IMO or FMO that will contract new broker's on P&C side of business in Florida.

So what you are saying is you dont know any of the questions above.

Which is ok. You are new.

My advice is to find a local independent agency and work under them to learn the business.

Very few in the P&C field are a jack of all trades. Most learn a niche and stick with it. Find what you enjoy and are good at... go do it.

Eventually you will have the money and leverage to start your own agency.

While nothing is "impossible"; starting your own P&C agency from scratch... as a newly licensed agent... is not a road you want to go down.

JMHO as a life/annuity agent who has been in the industry for almost 20 years. P&C is a completely different animal than L&H. Your plan would be completely reasonable as a L&H agent.

@scagnt83 has one of the best posts I have seen on this forum in recent weeks.
Your plan would be completely reasonable as a L&H agent.
I believe that this is totally correct.
While nothing is "impossible"; starting your own P&C agency from scratch... as a newly licensed agent... is not a road you want to go down.
Totally Agree....and you are in Florida. Florida and California and perhaps New York are in an all out mess right now. Research your state and read the horror stories.
My advice is to find a local independent agency and work under them to learn the business.
Completely agree. Agree, Agree. Learn on someone else's dime. Watch and take notes. Learn from their mistakes and successes. It will save you years of your life.

Also - what has gone unmentioned is that "Market Access" is what it is all about in PC - and if you do not have market access - you dont have much. I am not a FL guy - but my guess is that as a new insurance individual you wont have much luck here at least in the begining.

There is a common misconception out there that home insurance or business insurance is not complicated.

Last edited:
Back