P & C is a Lot of Work

It sounds like you may have "hit the wall" and are not going to continue to grow unless you hire some help. I know, it is going to cost more money so you are going to have to sell more just to get back up to your current income level. It is a vicious circle.

You need to establish your "income comfort level", that may make the decision a little easier. Don't forget to factor in "quality of life".

Frank, well put!

Maybe you need to ask yourself if you're content doing $14 an hour tasks everyday that you could be "hiring" done. When I decided to become "coach" instead of player I decided to delegate every task that could be better accomplished by a producer/CSR and only take the tasks that would generate the most $$ and that I enjoyed the most. In the last four years running my PIF growth has been double digits every year and new written premium has also increased in double digit % each year. My new job became the marketing guy...My sole purpose now is to put systems in place that make the phones ring. The staff is trained and incentivized to write business/cross sell and up sell every one of those incoming calls. Like saieddie said, sell something to every incoming call or give them a reason to refer people to you or train your staff to do it.

2010 I took 11 weeks vacation time and a 13% pay raise
2011 I'm planning on 15 weeks off and at least 15% more $$

Back