PajamaMan Doing MedSups by Phone?

Referrals are fine. I'm more interesting in doing math for new agents selling med supps online. To me it's more of a face to face business.

If an agents wants to concentrate on online supp sales:

A) They're going to leave a lot of business on the table. 1 out of every 3 seniors is not online.

B) They're going to need a hell of a marketing budget to find seniors who will go "A to Z" online.

But Frank - you're pitching cold calling which is all but "free" - just a time investment. Some of these outfits are already claiming "never cold call." This is the math I'm trying to break down.

The seniors who are not online, I know some agents just mail them applications in a big envelope. This is a good thread, thanks for the contributions.

I wanna sell MA plans over the phone/online to broke ass internet leads.......who can train me to give away MA plans away for free in 5 states online?

Christopher Westfall, Brings A Tool Bag Full Of Unique Ideas And Tricks To Sell More Products. I Spent $100's Of Dollars Trying To Follow Up On Internet Leads With Very Little Return, (i Was Always The 3+ Guy Who Called).

But After Learning The Techniques Chris Teaches I Found That I Was Able To Contact Internet Leads As The First Agent...this Made A Huge Difference To My Bottom Line.

I Have Also Applied This To The Health Insurance Side With Great Results.

I Would Highly Recommend Chris To Anyone Looking For How To Make More Sales, He Has A Great System And He Is Tireless. If I Send A Text To Him At 10pm At Night He Many Times Will Respond....great Guy.

For a limited time (about 6 months back in 2006 I believe) I had a lead source where I was closing 4 out of 10. They were internet leads at $13 a pop. They were exclusive to me from that source. Of course, I don't believe ANY lead is exclusive these days. The people from whom I was getting these leads started tweaking how they were getting them and it quickly dropped to closing 1 out of 10. While still profitable, it just wasn't worth it any longer. I haven't purchased leads since with one short exception with NetQuote. I don't think I need to say anything about NetQuote.

All of my Med Supp business is referral now. I get maybe 5-10 per month and pick up a few just from talking to people. From November through December I'll probably get 20-30 referrals per month (that's about what I got last year).

the only exclusive lead is the one you develop youself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Referrals are fine. I'm more interesting in doing math for new agents selling med supps online. To me it's more of a face to face business.

If an agents wants to concentrate on online supp sales:

A) They're going to leave a lot of business on the table. 1 out of every 3 seniors is not online.

B) They're going to need a hell of a marketing budget to find seniors who will go "A to Z" online.

But Frank - you're pitching cold calling which is all but "free" - just a time investment. Some of these outfits are already claiming "never cold call." This is the math I'm trying to break down.

the 1 out of 3 that doesnt have internet access has thier son/daughter looking online for them. Send seniors what they want and they'll buy, no need to call them beacuse they'll call you! I've had 2 requests for face to face and gave them to a friend.

Face to Face = Dinosaur

Last edited:
The title of this thread is "...Doing MedSupps by Phone", it doesn't specifically state doing them "on line".

There is no secret to selling Med Supps over the phone. I've been selling Med Supps over the phone for some time. Any agent who knows what he is doing, has a relaxed, conversational "script", knows the product and how best to approach seniors can easily sell them over the phone.

If working the T65 market and "younger seniors" doing an online app may be relatively easy. If targeting "older" seniors, 70 and above, the agent may have difficulty doing an online app with them.

It may be better and easier for the prospect for the agent do fill out the app over the phone and mail it to them. (I don't remember the last time I didn't get an app back within a few days.) Note that I said "easier for the prospect". Just because it is easier for the agent to do the app online doesn't mean that the prospect is going to feel warm and fuzzy doing it on line.

Not all seniors have a computer and if they do, it doesn't mean that they are comfortable using it especially for something like an online application.

Frank,

excellent observation.. I do quite a bit of filling the app out and mailing it to the client. I try to make it as easy as possible because you know they'll call back if they cant get through the 1st page. Also.. as time goes on more and more t65's will be online. currently 1 out of 3 is a son or daughter looking to help mom or dad make the right choice.

on another note. Do you work with Royal Neighbors?

Cheers,
Joe

I give good phone. Been doing it for years. I do a PDF fill in of the app and then mail it to the senior. Flag where they need to sign, and, enclose a postage paid envelope.

Back