Part D enrolment period

Have to go think a bit AND calm my temper before I respond to that one. I look at the entire MAPD process as stealing from Medicare Beneficiaries on Original Medicare.

A lot can not afford supplements. MAPD's have stop loss. None under part B of Medicare. It can be 20% of $100,000 vs. a few thousand under MAPD's. It helps the consumer.

I am imagining you pacing around the room shouting "God damn straightnochaser, out here selling health insurance to people who need it. How dare he"

Actually I'm pacing around the room trying to decide what to do about my cell phone.

My Samsung S6 died, except when it is plugged into the wall.
It is too old for Best Buy to replace the battery.

I can get a cheap S10e on eBay, but it is even longer than the S6 which is already too big for pockets-it also only does 4g.

A refurbished S20fe will cost about twice as much and will do 5g, but it is also quite large.

Iphone 12 and 13 mini's cost even more, but they do 5g and are also a smaller size, but they require abandoning what little I know of Android and starting completely over trying to learn IOS and figuring out how to get data off an android phone and into an apple phone.

I don't know what to do. It is a worse decision than PDP vs MAPD. :D

Actually I'm pacing around the room trying to decide what to do about my cell phone.

I can get a cheap S10e on eBay, but it is even longer than the S6 which is already too big for pockets-it also only does 4g.

A refurbished S20fe will cost about twice as much and will do 5g, but it is also quite large.

Iphone 12 and 13 mini's cost even more, but they do 5g and are also a smaller size, but they require abandoning what little I know of Android and starting completely over trying to learn IOS and figuring out how to get data off an android phone and into an apple phone.

Go with iPhone LD. It is tons easier than Androids OS.

May I recommend a phone with no access to the forum?

Just a suggestion...

Had a case today where a lady was just prescribed Eliquis, which runs around $600 a month. Tier 4 (47%!), on her current Wellcare Value Script plan. Was able to help her with a plan that has a $47 copay. SEP helped, otherwise she's screwed all of 2023.

Had a similar one. Guy in OH. Called yesterday about it. I told him it went from Tier 3 to Tier 4. To my knowledge there is no SEP in OH.

He asked why I didn't notify him during AEP "when he called me."

I kindly reminded him that the last time he called me was Nov 20, 2021. Had he called me during AEP in 2022 I would have been able to help him pick a new drug plan.

I get it. It works so people just assume they can keep their drug plan but sometimes stuff changes and if you're taking a medication that is $600/mo you should "adult" and check when emails and letters go out prompting your review.

WellCare Val Script even sent notices re tier change to people taking it.

I'm compassionate and told him I wish things were different but people need to read their mail.

Unfortunately Eliquis wants you to spend 3% of your income before they help...

Had a case today where a lady was just prescribed Eliquis, which runs around $600 a month. Tier 4 (47%!), on her current Wellcare Value Script plan. Was able to help her with a plan that has a $47 copay. SEP helped, otherwise she's screwed all of 2023.
be careful with Wellcare, customer just called today regarding the same medication, however, his other medications all moved up a tier and are costing him more for generics. The plan is not as it seems to the untrained customers eye.

Back