Part D enrolment period

If you peel enough layers off the onion, you can use the FEMA SEP 100% of the time. So the senior didn’t live in a FEMA Zone. Just find someone you know that does and claim they are your “decision maker”. Do you think CMS/Medicare has the time or resources to confirm/deny?

If you peel enough layers off the onion, you can use the FEMA SEP 100% of the time. So the senior didn’t live in a FEMA Zone. Just find someone you know that does and claim they are your “decision maker”. Do you think CMS/Medicare has the time or resources to confirm/deny?

Forum members want me to believe that Insurance Agents are professionals with ethical behavior like Attorneys and CPA's.

You are telling us that it is ok for Insurance Agents to make false statements on insurance applications AND to draw Medicare Beneficiaries into making false statements on insurance applications if the insurance agent believes there is a reasonable chance they will not be caught out.

Forum members want me to believe that Insurance Agents are professionals with ethical behavior like Attorneys and CPA's.

You are telling us that it is ok for Insurance Agents to make false statements on insurance applications AND to draw Medicare Beneficiaries into making false statements on insurance applications if the insurance agent believes there is a reasonable chance they will not be caught out.

“Forum members want me to believe that Insurance Agents are professionals with ethical behavior like Attorneys and CPA's”

Attorneys and CPAs are now the benchmark of ethical behavior. Say what?

Do you sanction submitting Medigap applications or Life Insurance applications or Auto Insurance applications with untruths on them so clients can obtain the insurance coverage they need?

You're exhausting!

There is a HUGE difference between lying on a medigap/life insurance/p&c application and using a FEMA SEP so someone can get drug coverage.

(caveat, not an agent)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that your post does not mean that carriers will terminate contracts with contracted agents who do not submit certain quantities of SEP related PDP applications over the period of a contract year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting dimension of following posts here on Insurance Forums is gathering a sense of how small business people operate.

Sometimes in a general sense relating to operation of a small business;
Sometimes in a more specific sense relating to sale of financial and insurance products;
And sometimes, in this specific sub-forum, even more specifically relating to the sale of Medicare and other senior market related insurance products.

With issues that come up, there is often a spectrum of views presented by agents.

The proper approach to using PDP SEPs is an area where there is some disagreement among agents. One only has to take a look at member likes on some of the previous posts in this thread to see that.

It looks to me like this (use of PDP seps) is a decision involving Business Ethics where individual agents are making "beyond the law" decisions based on parameters such as Sales and Compensation; what they think they can get away with vs what the laws say; and their beliefs about whether or not client and prospect needs justify bending or ignoring CMS rules if those rules can be bent or ignored without consequence to the agent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, I am not an agent so I am not personally confronting those ethical, financial and emotional decisions multiple times a day.

You are ridiculous.

Disaster SEPs extend enrollment periods for people in certain areas.

Period.

They did not have to personally experience a flood, or a tornado, or a drought, or anything else.

Qualifications?

Do you live in the service area?
Did you make an enrollment during the usual election period?
  • If yes, no SEP - you obviously weren't affected.
  • If no, then the election period is simply extended because your general area had upheaval.
End of discussion.

Go home, LD.

SEP'S are decided on for whatever reason. Don't blame the players for using it. We didn't set the SEP.

I get bombarded in emails with Cigna and even some from BCBS of Florida on using SEP's.

That would be Medicare Fraud committed by both the Agent and the Medicare Beneficiary.

Back