Pdp $$

and the carrier will direct them onto the free drug plan with dental

If you're gonna direct them elsewhere, direct them to CMS, and give them the number. Otherwise, they'll accidentally call the wrong place.

I do get quite a few people during AEP just looking for help with PDP. They actually think they are generous to give me a shot at the PDP, but not the medsupp... it's funny when they have an agent for the medsupp, they dont even realize they are not getting service.

If you're gonna direct them elsewhere, direct them to CMS, and give them the number. Otherwise, they'll accidentally call the wrong place.

I do get quite a few people during AEP just looking for help with PDP. They actually think they are generous to give me a shot at the PDP, but not the medsupp... it's funny when they have an agent for the medsupp, they dont even realize they are not getting service.

I tell I offer this service to all my med supp clients, even If I help them sign up though Medicare, doesn't your agent do that?

and the carrier will direct them onto the free drug plan with dental
Good point.

Maybe I'll finally just say, "I'm going to send you a link for that, it allows you to pick a plan" (Sunfire purl).

I know some agent that do that with success. With a video tutorial and instructions.. I just haven't gone that hands off. Yet

$0 commission plans across the board is unlikely to to happen.

IF it were to happen, it would only accelerate the growth of MAPD and the demise of the medsupp market, as the obvious incentive for agents would be to sell MAPD and not service the PDP market for free.

This is unlikely, but if it were to happen it wouldn't be good for anyone - the agent, the customer, the industry.

Don't forget, before the doom and gloom takes over, another election is just a few months away, which means the the suffocating regulations to our industry could be reversed soon after.

If increase not govt funded, you could see many $0 pdp commish plans for 2025.

Then, govt will be late to the party and mandate commish in 2026. Or, allow agents to charge fees if not paid a commish.

Just like what happened in ACA.

To get rid of commission problems, fees are the future, it will just take time. Yagents? Because health insurance is confusing. Low income will be calling 1 800

In a few short weeks, agents have gone from celebrating the doubling of their PDP commissions to the realization that carriers could cut out commissions on PDP plans. What a ride.

Good point.

Maybe I'll finally just say, "I'm going to send you a link for that, it allows you to pick a plan" (Sunfire purl).

I know some agent that do that with success. With a video tutorial and instructions.. I just haven't gone that hands off. Yet
I haven't yet either...but I am thinking a good deal of disruption this fall, resulting in a lot of PDP reviews....so fall of 2024 I might be sending out those Sunfire purl's

Back