Penalty for part B if T65 in June 2022?

policywunk

Guru
Client is going to enroll in GEP for 2/1/23 effective date.He doesn't have have a SEP.I thought he would pay the 10% part B penalty but client said he was told by Medicare/SS that he wouldn't because it will be less than 12 months when he enrolls.

Client still has ACA plan( no subsidies) which i understand they will eventually take him off.He was told by medicare that if he enrolled in part D it would conflict with ACA coverage.I know individual ACA is not creditable coverage for part B but I never heard that the rx component would conflict with part D like a EGHP rx plan could?

Client is going to enroll in GEP for 2/1/23 effective date.He doesn't have have a SEP.I thought he would pay the 10% part B penalty but client said he was told by Medicare/SS that he wouldn't because it will be less than 12 months when he enrolls.

Client still has ACA plan( no subsidies) which i understand they will eventually take him off.He was told by medicare that if he enrolled in part D it would conflict with ACA coverage.I know individual ACA is not creditable coverage for part B but I never heard that the rx component would conflict with part D like a EGHP rx plan could?

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to sell him a part D plan? If so, why would you do that when he already has prescription drug coverage through the ACA plan?

Back