T65 Mail tips

So would you say mailing every month from 6 months to 0 months is the best idea, or what’s a good schedule?

Some were pretty far away, about 80 miles. In hindsight, I shouldnt have done that far away. Is there a good radius for this?

I agree, 500 is not enough data, so im trying to make corrections to my mail before I do this again. I just think 1 response is insanely low, and trying to see what went wrong. I dont have a large name recognition, so someone 25 miles away will have no idea who I am, im sure that hurts me.
How far you go is totally dependent on how big your area is

My two cents:
spacing between the mailers are good, but the total volume is too small. on average, 10,000 mailers gets you 25-50 responses if you do not utilize data correctly.
On top of that, if you mail to such a small number, you will have to deal with the randomization variables as no mailer campaign is exactly in line with the average.

I'd be happy to connect with you off-line to discuss what can be done for your direct mail campaigns in more detail and where direct mail lead generators such as myself can provide value- just shoot me a message if you are interested.

My two cents:
spacing between the mailers are good, but the total volume is too small. on average, 10,000 mailers gets you 25-50 responses if you do not utilize data correctly.
On top of that, if you mail to such a small number, you will have to deal with the randomization variables as no mailer campaign is exactly in line with the average.

I'd be happy to connect with you off-line to discuss what can be done for your direct mail campaigns in more detail and where direct mail lead generators such as myself can provide value- just shoot me a message if you are interested.
50 leads per 10k mailed? Are those inbound calls or mail back leads

this is on average across all types of CTAs across all verticals within insurance. (with our data for FE reply cards, we average over 1.2% nationwide)

How far you go is totally dependent on how big your area is

Big as in distance or big as in population? Population is about 35,000. What would you say average length of time before 65th would be to mail? And then every month after that up until 65th im guessing?

Last edited:
So would you say mailing every month from 6 months to 0 months is the best idea, or what’s a good schedule?
That's a good idea, but it still may not work. Are you mailing the same piece each time? If so, switch it up. I've had some people to contact me after one mailing, but others have taken a while, like after 7-8 mailings and when I get the call, they say they called me because they kept getting my mailings. Repetition is the key!

Big as in distance or big as in population? Population is about 35,000. What would you say average length of time before 65th would be to mail? And then every month after that up until 65th im guessing?
I mail 12.7,5,3, , if you just mail an area of 35k it will never work, you need at least 500 people turning 65 each month, meaning your mailing 2-2,500 per month, local to someone in a rural area is totally different than local to a big city

Also don't mail on month 0....9.9/10 have already made their decision by their birth month. My latest mailing would be 3 months before birth month

I don't do mail, but mainly because I was there with you 20+ years ago. Broke and it didn't work, anyway. I built my practice networking. You would be better served joining BNI and networking, plus LEARNING how to network. That's how you find centers of influence, too. P&C, financial planners, etc. Find nursing homes that need someone to host a monthly birthday party. Balloons are cheap. Making cookies or cupcakes are cheap.

And don't forget, its a get rich slow business. It takes 3 years to get out of starvation mode, but its worth it.

Back