Penguin 2.0

JohnWalker

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm just curious how everyone did. I know it may not be in full effect for everyone but according to WMT my impressions are up 14% and my clicks are up 28%. Thank you Google :yes:.

It's still too early to see any changes here.

GWT data and it's linked Analytics properties are usually refreshed between 24-48 hours.

But from various sources, I'm reading that this is another round of Google brand favoritism for major and expensive keywords.

Another article states that Google is now publicly replying to user complaints coming from big brands, in this case from Sprint
How To Get Google's Matt Cutts To Reply To Your Webmaster Questions?

I expect Danny will come up with one of his usual 10k word articles and thoroughly explain things about Penguin 4.

Val.

I thought it was going to be a much bigger shakedown than it actually was. Still seeing some spammy sites ranking and lots of brands ranking like Val said.

I lost a few spots on some big keywords on 1 site (I'll recover easily), my other sites were unscathed.

I saw some sites move up last night, some moved down, no easy to identify reasoning since most of mine have had similar links built to them.

I'd say we won't really know the results for a week or two anyway, similar to the other updates.

My traffic is a little off and I lost some positions I liked. I imagine I'll get them back, but part of me couldn't be more convinced that google would just like to force users to use PPC vs dealing with this foolishness. I of course say this because my rankings are down, if they were up I'm sure I would be singing their praises :)

Back