Perphenazine - Auto-Decline

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Anybody know of a medicare supplement plan that would accept an applicant that takes perphenazine 2mg? I've checked my go to plans of Aetna, Cigna and Medico and they all decline.

Anybody know of a medicare supplement plan that would accept an applicant that takes perphenazine 2mg? I've checked my go to plans of Aetna, Cigna and Medico and they all decline.

It will likely depend on the reason for the medication. If it's for schizophrenia, then you're going to have a tough time with anyone other than a carrier like AARP (level 2 rates).

It will likely depend on the reason for the medication. If it's for schizophrenia, then you're going to have a tough time with anyone other than a carrier like AARP (level 2 rates).

Yes AARP would work, but Im curious to know how do you know its level 2 rates when he didnt state the prospect's age?

Yes AARP would work, but Im curious to know how do you know its level 2 rates when he didnt state the prospect's age?

I don't. Just making an assumption. In looking at AARP's Florida app, it doesn't look like they have the three year rule (those in Florida can correct me if I'm wrong). So unless this person is within 6 months of going on Medicare they would likely get Level 2 rates (assuming Schizophrenia which has since been answered).

I don't. Just making an assumption. In looking at AARP's Florida app, it doesn't look like they have the three year rule (those in Florida can correct me if I'm wrong). So unless this person is within 6 months of going on Medicare they would likely get Level 2 rates (assuming Schizophrenia which has since been answered).

Oh ok, FL must be diff then Calif for AARP, our level 2 starts at 71....or 6yrs after getting part B.

My client's a 75 F, non-smoker. I spoke with a CIGNA/Arlic underwriter for a pre-screen and they told me if my client's doctor submitted a letter stating 1) that my client does not have schizophrenia 2) for what condition was she prescibed the perphenazine that they would consider her for preferred rates.

Back