Phone Call Statistics

GoForBroker

Expert
2500-3000 dials a month.

What would the contact percentage average?

How many appointments on average?

How many sales per average?

Would this be considered a good amount of calls with attempts to pull 2500-3000 AP a month from.

50-75 percent will be cold calls but all targeted. Rest will be calling current clients to add to a policy.

Thanks

My thoughts. 250-350 on the phone. 25-30 show interest. 3-5 sales. 1500-3000 in AP.

2500-3000 dials a month.

Would this be considered a good amount of calls with attempts to pull 2500-3000 AP a month from.

50-75 percent will be cold calls but all targeted. Rest will be calling current clients to add to a policy.

Thanks

My thoughts. 250-350 on the phone. 25-30 show interest. 3-5 sales. 1500-3000 in AP.

Demographic?
Pitch?
Product/problem targeted?

Good luck with that.....you are missing the most important statistic.

The DNC List........You're numbers are off due to the fact you will not have enough numbers to dial for a Life Product Sale other than FE.

The reason FE works with Telemarketing is that the numbers that are not on the DNC are in lower income/non-english speaking areas.

Add into the issue that you need to scrub your list to pull out Cell Phones, it leaves you with very little with regard to prospecting.

Most areas you will want to market too for Life/Term (ages 30-50), 95% will be on the DNC list or scrubbed out due to cell phones. Leaving you with the 5% who were not smart enough or can't speak the language.

Multiply your calling by 10 and you might get the 3-5 sales you are looking for.

You will need to dial about 1,700-2,000 per day just to get 3-5 prospects. You will connect with only 15% on a good day.

Just my experience after 4 years and 12 telemarketers working for me. I left telemarketing when the cell phone scrubbing was implemented in Oct/2013 and went to direct mail, social media, radio and bill boards.

If you are serious about this market, I would seek out JROOT from the forum or any of the guys at Pinney Insurance.....They have the Sh...t together with a platform for Social Media and and rockin Database system to manage it.

Last edited:
My list are dnc free. Mostly to 60-80 0-50k income. Fe stuff. Pitch is short and to the point. I do plan to go with more direct mail as my budget expands. I used to get 5-6 appointments a week off 25 lead cards so I do not totally agree with the 2000 dials a day. Target marketing to me is the key but I have never dialed this many so wanted thoughts. I am on social media strongly but I do not know how you make sales off it yet. I will look into what you mentioned.

----------

If I touch 15 percent of 2500 thats 375 people and you sell 2 percent of those that is 7.5 sales a month off 2500 calls. To me that seems more then doable.

My list are dnc free. Mostly to 60-80 0-50k income. Fe stuff. Pitch is short and to the point. I do plan to go with more direct mail as my budget expands. I used to get 5-6 appointments a week off 25 lead cards so I do not totally agree with the 2000 dials a day. Target marketing to me is the key but I have never dialed this many so wanted thoughts. I am on social media strongly but I do not know how you make sales off it yet. I will look into what you mentioned.

----------

If I touch 15 percent of 2500 thats 375 people and you sell 2 percent of those that is 7.5 sales a month off 2500 calls. To me that seems more then doable.

My comments were based on cold calling only and not from a received reply card.

You will also need to scrub the list for Cell phones as you will be fined just as heavily if you have not made attempts to free your list of cell phones.

A 15% connect rate is what you can expect of any dialing list to the FE market. I have dialed Millions of numbers and that number rarely changes by more than 1-2% if you dial using a predictive dialer.

I have a good cold call script that works well, you may be able to adapt to it. PM me with your email and I will share it with you.

Last edited:
My list are dnc free. Mostly to 60-80 0-50k income. Fe stuff. Pitch is short and to the point. I do plan to go with more direct mail as my budget expands. I used to get 5-6 appointments a week off 25 lead cards so I do not totally agree with the 2000 dials a day. Target marketing to me is the key but I have never dialed this many so wanted thoughts. I am on social media strongly but I do not know how you make sales off it yet. I will look into what you mentioned. ---------- If I touch 15 percent of 2500 thats 375 people and you sell 2 percent of those that is 7.5 sales a month off 2500 calls. To me that seems more then doable.

Do you plan on calling (phone) direct mail responders?

I just show up and knock on their door...

I get in the house 99% of the time because I bring the actual card or a scanned image of it.

Why risk a NO over the phone for a pricy lead?

Just a thought....

Use to do that yes. Walking up to the door was money in the bank. Now its off one of Josh's list and my book of business. I have a lot of homes and autos without life. Setting PR's. Only been in the book 6 months so just getting going. The Pinney stuff is interesting. I would say I have phase one done. Looking to the next levels now.

2500-3000 dials a month.

Thanks

2500-3000 dials per month is low. If you are using a dialer, you can easily get 150 dials an hour. Let’s say there are 20 working days in a month and you dial 1.5 hours a day. 150*1.5*20= 4500 I think a good goal for you should be 6000 dials a month.

Back