Plan N

No worries. Thank you. I guess that I’m trying to help them understand that it is STANDARDIZED and not some kind of unique experience that she has had with the Aetna choice from years ago.
My mother is about the same age and I’d want to know if she could get the same coverage for $150/mo less even if is Aetna Accendo.
. Isn’t it our role to educate and explain these things? If I don’t mention these things, someone else will and I will have lost a customer.
Yes, it is our role to explain but we should accept their decision even if it is not what we consider the right one.

It was Chris Westfall.
He says this to make him sound all high and mighty....like he is taking a huge paycut. He knows as well as agents know that is not the case. But the public only hears what he says. Reality is most Plan N's pay around 27% and Plan G is more like 20-22%. So if you say Plan G is $100 and Plan N is $80....then the difference in commission between N (at 27%) vs G (at 22%) is $5 FOR THE YEAR....I like a lot of his videos at times but this one has always pissed me off. So full of....

I have many very wealthy clients who never want to see any copay bills and are willing to pay more for Plan G, and even Plan F.

Start insisting on Plan N and pitching only dollars and cents to them and you'll have your ass handed to you.

REMEMBER: Everyone you talk to has what's called a primary interest, and a dominant buying motive. Money is NOT always their dominant motive. For many, including many who are financially savvy, often their time or peace of mind outweighs $20-30 a month.

The point is, you never know unless you ASK QUESTIONS, and then LISTEN. Do that intelligently, and you can wedge out every other agent they talked to.

That's "trusted advisor" vs "amateur".

I have many very wealthy clients who never want to see any copay bills and are willing to pay more for Plan G, and even Plan F.

Start insisting on Plan N and pitching only dollars and cents to them and you'll have your ass handed to you.

REMEMBER: Everyone you talk to has what's called a primary interest, and a dominant buying motive. Money is NOT always their dominant motive. For many, including many who are financially savvy, often their time or peace of mind outweighs $20-30 a month.

The point is, you never know unless you ASK QUESTIONS, and then LISTEN. Do that intelligently, and you can wedge out every other agent they talked to.

That's "trusted advisor" vs "amateur".

Well said.

Has anyone ever sold Plan K or Plan L ? Or, does anyone here have/had one?
I think @sshafran talked about selling K in a thread awhile back.

I think there was another thread where an agent -- maybe a friend of somarco's -- was going to go to an online seminar where someone was promoting K as the best thing since sliced bread (well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration), but she never reported back on the seminar--at least that I caught at the time.

(and sorry, I won't volunteer to be a "science experiment" for you on those. :laugh:)

My Mom is 88. I sold her a Plan F at age 65 from CLi. Just received a rate increase letter and her new premium is $242ish. She wouldn't change anything. FB is going to be around $220 for a Plan G age 65 in January so there is no way I could get her a lower premium.

My Mom is 88. I sold her a Plan F at age 65 from CLi. Just received a rate increase letter and her new premium is $242ish. She wouldn't change anything. FB is going to be around $220 for a Plan G age 65 in January so there is no way I could get her a lower premium.

My dad’s 90 and his anthem plan F is $532 a month . His rx with Aetna doubled to $69 a month . He’s been with Blue cross or Anthem health ins from 1968 straight . He’s in great health but won’t switch .

Back