Please Give Me Feedback on My "Script"

BigSteve

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I am not having much luck with my opening line. I work for 2 "Good Hands" offices, which I might say are like 2 different worlds (rates are competitive in 1). When I call I try to be quick, honest, and to the point. I merely say "Hi, is _____ there? Hi _____, this is Steve calling from (Good Hands) Insurance here in ______, I am just calling to see if you are interested in saving money on your insurance since we have just lowered our rates in the area." This has not been very successful, as most responses that I get are "No Thanks, we are all set" or "We already have insurance" (no sh!t). For example, I called close to 400 today, spoke to 36, and quoted 1. I would like to sell coverage, not price, but my successes with other means of prospecting have all been based on price. Please Help!

I have a recorded insurance agent webinar on how to put together your marketing message to separate yourself from the competition for phone calls, emails, letters, postcards, etc. based on the Monopolize Your Marketplace program.

If interested, you can request this recorded webinar for the Monopolize Your Marketplace presentation and the online companion book to help you put all this together at our website at the link below:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

So I am not having much luck with my opening line. I work for 2 "Good Hands" offices, which I might say are like 2 different worlds (rates are competitive in 1). When I call I try to be quick, honest, and to the point. I merely say "Hi, is _____ there? Hi _____, this is Steve calling from (Good Hands) Insurance here in ______,

Good, quick, direct, and energetic opening. However, right now, you need to ask permission to keep going.

"Is this a good time to talk for a quick minute?" (or some variation on that). The secret to success with this is emphasizing the "quick minute". Now they know that you won't go on-and-on... that you'll get to the point quickly.

I am just calling to see if you are interested in saving money on your insurance since we have just lowered our rates in the area."

NEVER ask if anyone is "interested" in anything when cold-calling. If they were interested... they would've called YOU.

Instead, I would proceed along these lines: "I'm reaching out to homeowners in this area because our rates have recently lowered. But let met ask you this: On a scale of 1 to 10... where 10 is absolute perfection... and a 1 is an absolute disaster... how confident do you feel in your overall insurance coverage that you have today?" (Phrase this to fit your business model.)

If they respond a "10"... they are not a prospect. Just ask "Can you think of any way I can be of help to you?" "Probably not." "Thank you for your time."

If they respond a 5-9... they probably have decent coverage, but something isn't 100% sure. "What would they wish was different to make it a 10?" "Do you think that would be worth sitting down and talking about?"

If they respond a 1-4... they might not be a prospect... so just ask some questions to be sure if you're the right kind of person to help them.

This has not been very successful, as most responses that I get are "No Thanks, we are all set" or "We already have insurance" (no sh!t). For example, I called close to 400 today, spoke to 36, and quoted 1. I would like to sell coverage, not price, but my successes with other means of prospecting have all been based on price. Please Help!

If you prospect on "price" or "save money" or "lowered rates"... you'll lose more than you win. Since you know that, I think you'll appreciate the above.

Thanks for the great responses, I'm going to try changing it up right now.

I have a recorded insurance agent webinar on how to put together your marketing message to separate yourself from the competition for phone calls, emails, letters, postcards, etc. based on the Monopolize Your Marketplace program.

If interested, you can request this recorded webinar for the Monopolize Your Marketplace presentation and the online companion book to help you put all this together at our website at the link below:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

Why dont you contribute some value instead of trying to generate leads for your website...

Good post DHK!

Good, quick, direct, and energetic opening. However, right now, you need to ask permission to keep going.

"Is this a good time to talk for a quick minute?" (or some variation on that). The secret to success with this is emphasizing the "quick minute". Now they know that you won't go on-and-on... that you'll get to the point quickly.

NEVER ask if anyone is "interested" in anything when cold-calling. If they were interested... they would've called YOU.

Instead, I would proceed along these lines: "I'm reaching out to homeowners in this area because our rates have recently lowered. But let met ask you this: On a scale of 1 to 10... where 10 is absolute perfection... and a 1 is an absolute disaster... how confident do you feel in your overall insurance coverage that you have today?" (Phrase this to fit your business model.)

If they respond a "10"... they are not a prospect. Just ask "Can you think of any way I can be of help to you?" "Probably not." "Thank you for your time."

If they respond a 5-9... they probably have decent coverage, but something isn't 100% sure. "What would they wish was different to make it a 10?" "Do you think that would be worth sitting down and talking about?"

If they respond a 1-4... they might not be a prospect... so just ask some questions to be sure if you're the right kind of person to help them.

If you prospect on "price" or "save money" or "lowered rates"... you'll lose more than you win. Since you know that, I think you'll appreciate the above.
Excellent suggestions for improving this script!

Since people are pre-programmed to say no, if you will phrase your question so that a "no" gets you the desired response, it is easier.

Example: "Is this a bad time to talk?"

Engagex has a free resource library for agents that includes all calling scripts, both for in-book calls and prospecting.

I've attached a PDF of our Life Insurance Prospecting script for you. I hope you find it helpful!

-Boyd

Attachments

• Life Insurance Prospecting .pdf
    116.8 KB · Views: 37
That script is crap. Looks like it was written for a calling center.

"Let me transfer you to get that quote started"? Ugh.

Back