Please Give Me Feedback on My "Script"

I've never sold med sup.

You're right... it's all standardized, so all you've got to work with is price, their particular coverage, personal service, and unbiased recommendations.

I would probably ask when was the last time they sat down with an INDEPENDENT agent to review all their coverage options?

Based on all of Frank's past posts, I'd get a copy of his training from Rick and incorporate it into your efforts.

So I am not having much luck with my opening line. I work for 2 "Good Hands" offices, which I might say are like 2 different worlds (rates are competitive in 1). When I call I try to be quick, honest, and to the point. I merely say "Hi, is _____ there? Hi _____, this is Steve calling from (Good Hands) Insurance here in ______, I am just calling to see if you are interested in saving money on your insurance since we have just lowered our rates in the area." This has not been very successful, as most responses that I get are "No Thanks, we are all set" or "We already have insurance" (no sh!t). For example, I called close to 400 today, spoke to 36, and quoted 1. I would like to sell coverage, not price, but my successes with other means of prospecting have all been based on price. Please Help!

You don't necessarily need to be "with" anyone. IMO it is extra words that take away from who you are and why you're calling. Of course, using a big name may be beneficial, as in your case.

I'm a big advocate of keeping it real simple and casual. I would use something like: "Hi, I'm Jeff*, I am a Florida* state licensed insurance agent and what I do help people customize their life insurance plans. Do you have any questions about your life insurance?"

People may have a question they've always been curious about, either for themselves or for someone else, and not really be in the market to buy any (yet).

*Substitute your own name and state. :goofy:

Latest posts

Back