Please Tell Me if this is a Good Deal

I will get a 1k monthly salary and a 75% commission on new business, and 20% on renewals, he will provide me with an office, leads;)

You need to find out how many leads and how often. Many promise leads but don't define how many and how often.

Some give a few and hope you start producing on your own. Then its a big win for them and you are stuck at the lower compensation. If you don't produce, they are on to the next agent.

You need to find out how many leads and how often. Many promise leads but don't define how many and how often.

Some give a few and hope you start producing on your own. Then its a big win for them and you are stuck at the lower compensation. If you don't produce, they are on to the next agent.

The OP says that deal is no more so this is no longer something to discuss.

So the guy with good proposal was full of crap,and is a goner, I will go my own way, I still work as a producer for a captive agency, now I notice that when I got my 2-20 few months ago my license got unaffiliated with my current employer, now i have no appointment with them so the question is, can I start my own agency while still working as a producer for someone else? The plan is to get separate office and work evenings an weekends until I get going, so can that be done? I went to my boss suggested opening and partnering on an I.A. but he does not want he's best producer to grow independence even thou I have a sweet fl ho carrier unavailable to him, willing to give me the appointment (due to a good connection). This question arises from my understanding that if your license is appointed as a producer with an agency you cannot do anything externally, I might be confused could you shed some light please?

That's a major conflict of interest. If you want to start your own shop then start your own shop. Squirreling around nights and weekends competing with your employer is dirty pool.

That's a major conflict of interest. If you want to start your own shop then start your own shop. Squirreling around nights and weekends competing with your employer is dirty pool.

I agree with Josh on this. If you want to go independent just grow the balls to do it. Don't try to do it on your employers dime. You won't feel good about it and your current employer will definitely not appreciate it.

Back