Police Officer Gets Runaround About Injury Claim ....files Suit Against All Involved

VolAgent,

That is my point. The city/county/state agencies are compensated for the use of the officer and equipment. These are not freelance jobs. The agencies always get a piece of the pie.

I don't have a problem with that at all. I just hope the city charges enough to compensate for the risk.

This post is simply another instance of a Governmental Employer being able to do things a Private employer could never get away with.

If the city/agency must approve these jobs and get cut in for a piece of the action then either thier insurance or the third parties job's insurance should be required to cover the officer...Can you imagine a Home Depot hiring a part time employee who lets say works full time for Lowes and the employee gets hurt while on the job for Home Depot...Do you thin Home Depot can turn around and say I thought he would be covered by Lowes.

Its just like all the teachers and municipal and state employees in Maine, They have been opted out of Social Security and instead are covered by Maine State Retirement a pension system that if they so decide they can pull thier contributions and interest out of...Now we as private employers and employees are required to use Social Security and its tax system and have no choice over our "contributions".

Back