Postpone due to Covid

NewbieNewbie

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I have a case originally submitted with American National. UW said he would be a T4 due to AFib/blood thinner and well controlled diabetes (no meds). It was postponed because of his age and Covid. He is 70.

I called Principal and they said same thing. Tried Forresters they said they would take it, but he is in NY, and they require face to face for the app and I live in TX.

The guy needs 50k to 100k, 10 year term. For a divorce decree. Not interested in FE.

Any thoughts?

So I have a case originally submitted with American National. UW said he would be a T4 due to AFib/blood thinner and well controlled diabetes (no meds). It was postponed because of his age and Covid. He is 70.

I called Principal and they said same thing. Tried Forresters they said they would take it, but he is in NY, and they require face to face for the app and I live in TX.

The guy needs 50k to 100k, 10 year term. For a divorce decree. Not interested in FE.

Any thoughts?

Tough one.

William Penn will take a T4 70yo but I think that they'll still postpone based on the risk assessment (a-fib w/ diabetes)

Pru is out (over 65 table D is postponed).

Maybe try John Hancock?

Don't use them for term, but have you tried AIG?

Too old, I believe.

Not sure of the age limits however, I would check MoO term express

Such a fun state to do business in: Mutual drops life insurance agencies in New York

Good call, missed the age on that one. I did have a carrier that went 65 on 10yr.

Wondering if he would take 5yr renewable? Not even sure who would offer that anymore.

You guys are right called Pru and it is a no go. I write a lot of impaired risk and this Covid sucks.

Possibly who were you thinking? Thanks for the reply.

Try MoO or AIG... my carrier pulled term product at the first of the year. Little shop out of the Chicago area, put they took care of business. Miss them already.

BTW... age 70 is a tough marker anytime, and right now companies are running business tight. Is he doing term for the cheep, or another reason?

Back