*Potential* New Agent Introduction

This is all great stuff, I appreciate the warm reception.

In order to succeed long term, one of the underlying themes that I have come across in the books and forum posts I have read thus far, is to focus on providing value up front and to always do the right thing. This could potentially mean, that sometimes NOT selling them something is the right solution as well.

Again, I am very new to all of this so I have a long way to go in educating myself and finding what will work for me, but I am already indebted to all of you for offering this info up for free essentially.

That is absolutely correct... and something often missed by industry detractors who believe that all we want to do is fit a square peg in a round hole. Granted, we know it does happen, but that's the mark of a salesman who wants the sale without any regard for the client or their wellbeing. I believe that advisors and consultants will help people understand their problems, offer solutions that are a good fit for them... or walk away from incompatible situations.

Also, detractors will also focus on the product you're trying to sell, rather than the problem you're trying to solve. "Is this just an excuse to sell me life insurance and/or annuities?" is a refrain from those who don't understand the problem and instead focus on the sale and product.

Advanced note: If you find that a prospect you're working with is getting caught up in the product and what it's called, redirect them back to the problem you're trying to help them solve and the various ways they can solve it. The sale is made when the problem is understood... not when the policy is understood.

(I must be in a really good mood because I almost never drop this kind of info on an introductory thread. lol.)

Advanced note: If you find that a prospect you're working with is getting caught up in the product and what it's called, redirect them back to the problem you're trying to help them solve and the various ways they can solve it. The sale is made when the problem is understood... not when the policy is understood.

That makes a lot of sense, I will make sure to incorporate this into my "pitch" when the time comes...

(I must be in a really good mood because I almost never drop this kind of info on an introductory thread. lol.)

LOL, no complaints here. Maybe you secretly like Mondays?

Reactions: DHK
LOL, no complaints here. Maybe you secretly like Mondays?

LOL - nope! I'm usually barely up at 5:30am for 6am Zoom calls for two hours every Monday... and it takes a drain on me for the whole day.

But I did find out today that I will be published in an industry association magazine and I'll be on the cover! They call it a "member spotlight" and I'm looking forward to getting published and using this article to open some doors for me!

But I did find out today that I will be published in an industry association magazine and I'll be on the cover! They call it a "member spotlight" and I'm looking forward to getting published and using this article to open some doors for me!

That’s amazing news. Congratulations! What’s the magazine? I’d love to peruse it

The thing you’ll learn very fast . Knowledge is meaningless unless you have a way to get in front of a lot of people . You’ll need leads and a marketing plan. Sales is about making people feel comfortable and they trust you .

Presenting and reporting, and also managing people has certainly helped me learn to get comfortable talking to strangers and having uncomfortable conversations. Prospecting will definitely be a learning curve in the beginning. I fully anticipate failing and hearing no A LOT haha

Back