Pre Existing Conditions Med Supp

Early on in dealing with New Era they did apply p-x during the applicant's initial open enrollment if no prior creditable coverage. It applied to Part B only.

GA does not have an anniversary rule, birthday rule or other such "holiday" for changing plans.

Early on in dealing with New Era they did apply p-x during the applicant's initial open enrollment if no prior creditable coverage. It applied to Part B only.

GA does not have an anniversary rule, birthday rule or other such "holiday" for changing plans.

So if you were T65 with a 1/1/15 Part B effective date and had a heart attack in Sept, they applied pre-ex to the heart attack if you didn't have creditable coverage prior to your Part B eff date?

Could be state specific, but New Era told me this a few months ago when I called.

For open enrollment, pre-x is waived on all plans with or without prior creditable coverage.

The New Era underwriting guide issued on 3/4/16 makes no mention of p-x that I could see.

You couldn't find anything because it's not mentioned anywhere Bob. I called New Era while I was driving and it turns out that Mr. KnowItAll doesn't know it all. With New Era it's state specific. You'd think that somebody that's licensed in 42 states would know that. Some states are 3 months and.....some states are 6 months(including the state I write in).

The bolded statement is no longer true. They started having the waiting period in June for some states and October for others if no prior creditable coverage or haven't had another Med Supp for 6 months.

----------

So if you were T65 with a 1/1/15 Part B effective date and had a heart attack in Sept, they applied pre-ex to the heart attack if you didn't have creditable coverage prior to your Part B eff date?

If that heart attack was in September of 2014, that would be correct if the effective date on the Med Supp was also 1/1/2015.

If they had another Med Supp for 3 months and it was their 1st time(with no previous creditable coverage when they 1st got their Med Supp) and you were replacing it with New Era, they'd still have another 3 month wait on pre existing conditions with New Era.

If that heart attack was in September of 2014, that would be correct if the effective date on the Med Supp was also 1/1/2015.

If they had another Med Supp for 3 months and it was their 1st time(with no previous creditable coverage when they 1st got their Med Supp) and you were replacing it with New Era, they'd still have another 3 month wait on pre existing conditions with New Era.

...............................Thanks!

They started having the waiting period in June for some states and October for others if no prior creditable coverage or haven't had another Med Supp for 6 months.

The old (2015) underwriting guide did mention 3 or 6 month and it was state specific.

The new 2016 guide makes no mention at all about p-x

I asked other carriers about p-x earlier this year. Most feigned surprise. Bankers specifically had no idea what I was talking about. They said they never applied p-x.

The old (2015) underwriting guide did mention 3 or 6 month and it was state specific.

I asked other carriers about p-x earlier this year. Most feigned surprise. Bankers specifically had no idea what I was talking about. They said they never applied p-x.

From what I've seen, most don't have the waiting period for pre existing.

At least Cigna mentions it right on the back of their brochure(on GI, it doesn't apply).

On page 3 of Bankers brochure it says:

* Your policy has no Pre-Existing Condition waiting period.
Your coverage begins immediately.

And you are a perfect example, yet again, of why people want to stay on the sidelines rather than actually contribute. Criticism for aurgument sake only. You did not expect, not would anyone, for me to post the underwriting guides of every company in the market, yet you jumped immediately to criticize the post that most would find revealing enough to pause and look into it.

I suggest more contribution and less accusations, skeptisim, and my God, don't you have anything better to do?

Place sure is a cesspool when any information shared is dismissed because it wasn't good enough in someone's mind.

Preach it Chris...Goilini or whatever his name is never stops!

Back