• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Pre-licensing Course

robtmccarthy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi,
I am just starting out and am comparing online training for pre-licensing. looking at A.D Banker & Company and 0chance2fail. No one in my office has used online training so I am here seeking some help. (I'd like to pass on hours of boring classrooms=)

maybe there is some other great online school that I am missing. Needs to comply with the state of Connecticut regulations.

Thanks for your Help

I just recently got my license and used license2go. I would consider it pretty good as far as a license prep course goes. I got an 85 on the South Carolina exam and considered it pretty easy due to the license2go course. I just looked at their site and it is available for Connecticut.

Hope that helps

A.D. Banker just launched a brand new online program. A demo can be viewed from there homepage.

I actually sell A.D. banker products in Arizona and happened to stumble upon your post. If you need specific help for your state I can refer you to a person who can answer any of your questions. Good luck with your licensing :)

thanks for your help. License2go seems to only do Life and Health. I was looking for P&C. Also what makes a good online course vs. a bad one?

Thanks again for your help.

thanks for your help. License2go seems to only do Life and Health. I was looking for P&C. Also what makes a good online course vs. a bad one?

Thanks again for your help.

Good, most people who go through it pass the state exam.
Bad, most people who go through don't pass the state exam.

I would look for some sort of money back guarantee. I know little about P&C and whether such a guarantee is available, but my guess would be there is at least one out there somewhere.

The great thing about Ad banker when I took the online course was their multipedia format. It keeps you involved and won't put you to sleep. it is really interactive and im glad that it I passed on the first time

I used 52hours.com, not sure about your state, but I passed my Fire and Casualty the first time set up online was great. Most of the key facts in the main study cheat sheet were on the test.

Also what makes a good online course vs. a bad one?

I think a good online course should be accessible from multiple locations so that you can study where you feel the most comfortable. Since computers and internet connections have made giant leaps recently it seems fair to say that a good online course should have quite a bit of multimedia attached to keep the student involved and not sleeping.:SLEEP:

One of the key advantages to online courses is if you fail your exam, most of the time you can go back and look over the lectures again and again until you feel comfortable with the troubling concepts. A book is alright for this type of review but watching the material and testing on it repeatedly should get it done.

The course material should have a pretty good first time pass rate. I would think 70-80%+ should be expected. I don't think many insurance prelicensing companies make it in the industry with pass rates below 70%. Now I think from some of the statistics I've seen out there the second time through pass rate tends to be average around 50% which means that most students who take the exam twice get through it. But let's face it, some people have a difficult time testing and others just aren't cut out to be in the insurance industry.

Good luck finding an online solution!

Back