Primerica

But they have sold more in face value then any one insurance company in the USA not bad for a part time gig I would say.:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thats your loss:cool:

No one is disputing that Primerica sells a lot of term life insurance. While all the rah rah we're #1 is great for the company is it best for the rep? The average Primerica rep back when I was in it in the mid 90s was 1 1/2 policies a year. It may be higher or lower now. So it's a lot of agents selling a little. Personally I'd rather sell 100s of policies myself from companies who are highly rated and not the #1 seller of term life. I do love it when I run into a Primerca policy. I say I agree with everything they say about buy term and invest the difference, but why not buy cheaper and invest that difference too?

Buy non-primerica term and invest the difference under your pillow will probably be better for the client than buying overpriced, overloaded primerica term and investing the difference in their Class A or B underperforming Smith Barney mutual funds.

Speaking of mutual funds, remember when they used to sell "Common Sense" funds with an 8.5% upfront sales charge? Yeah, that's doing the right thing for the client. :D

Doing the "right thing" for the client is subjective, but once you know of a better way, shame on you. This in itself is one of the major problems with being a captive agent, but at least with captivity, you have the ability to offer a range of insurance products - not one size fits all.

Whilst (I love that word) I mostly sell term insurance (it is my market - it's what I do), I am not obligated to sell anything unless it works for the client. When I do sell term, I can feel comfortable that I am selling a competitive product.

It's not always about being the "cheapest", but it is about being "competitive". The cheapest isn't always the best product (conversion options, underwriting flexibility, etc...) but overpriced insurance never is.

SSHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhHHhuuushh!!!! The sign on fee is four-hunnerd..no wait! FIVE-Hunnard!! Cash Only!!!

I think when I signed on with them it $399, but that was several years ago. I found out the hard way that Primerica was not the way to go with an insurance career. :swoon:

Primerica is a multi-level marketing insurance company. They pay lower commissions but you recieve over rides for signing up your "friends" as sub-agents. To make good money with Primerica you need to sign up lots of "friends."

I would stay away from them. You will do better staying independent. You can sell lower priced product and make more commission doing it. And the best part is your friends will not run and hide when you come walking toward them.
they are the ALWilliams organization, Remember the Greenies? Aslo they inadvertantly caused the insurance industry to have mandatory CE.
This may have been before your time.

Mandatory CE and pre-liscensing class room time.

Prior to ALW anyone and his brother could get a license by simply taking & passing the test. Not now. I believe some states have set limitations for those who are going to work the biz part time.

ALW AND Primerica were / are very successful companies.

Look at their rates and it makes you wonder how they do it. How? They don't sell on price / rates - they sell themselves.

Hard to argue with success.

Tom

"Hard to argue with success"

You could also argue that Hilter was a success too....

Jim Jones was a success too...

So was David Koresh...

You can always find something to amire if you set your standards low enough.

Mandatory CE and pre-liscensing class room time.

Prior to ALW anyone and his brother could get a license by simply taking & passing the test. Not now. I believe some states have set limitations for those who are going to work the biz part time.

I'm licensed in 17 states and not one asked me if I planned on doing insurance full or part time. Are you sure it's for licensing or appointments by insurers? Then again it could be in one of the states I'm not licensed in.

Back