Pro and Con.... Cigna MedSup in GA

I don't have a contract with them yet; but seems to be coming up competitive recently. Any comments?

Cigna is pretty good as long as they are competitive. They have a Substandard category that will enable you to cover clients that would normally be turned down, but it gets pretty expensive.

Thanks Todd.

Health reasons have had me in "slow motion" the last few months, but in GA, I have been seeing them more competitive. I am looking at rates for Cigna Life and Health Insurance; is it because their rates have been more stable or is this a new name and block of business?

Any other reasons for or against?

Thanks/

Thanks Todd.

Health reasons have had me in "slow motion" the last few months, but in GA, I have been seeing them more competitive. I am looking at rates for Cigna Life and Health Insurance; is it because their rates have been more stable or is this a new name and block of business?

Thanks/

It's just that their Med Supp block for that area is stable for the moment. That says nothing about the future though. All we can do as agents is to do what's best for the client at the moment. If we only had that crystal ball thing going for us!

If you need Cigna, we have them (along with a bunch of other med supp companies).

Thanks Todd.

Thanks/

Cigna Health is a new name and a new block of business. In Illinois we have ARLIC, which isn't competitive any more and Cigna Health. I have a feeling the ARLIC's still around because of the Substandard product, though I can't imagine that they sell much of it because it's SO expensive.

The Cigna Health has several extra benefits like a 24 hour health information line, where you can talk to a live nurse(not a dead one), vision and hearing discounts, health and wellness discounts(like Jenny Craig) and Silver & Fit fitness program(they use "Curves" when available).

I don't have a contract with them yet; but seems to be coming up competitive recently. Any comments?

I drove 110 miles to a couple's home in north GA last November to put 'em in Cigna Med supps. They were GI due to moving over the state line from Chattanooga, as they were leaving their MAPDs' service area. Cigna had the lowest rates for them, and they knew it.

Only found out later that Cigna doesn't pay any commission on GI business in GA. I'm not used to that here in TN!

Wouldn't have been quite so ticked if it hadn't been for the fact that these folks were long-time clients who moved, and then wanted to leave their MAPDs to get supps, and insisted on a home visit. Wish I could have dealt with them by phone if it were going to be pro bono.

I drove 110 miles to a couple's home in north GA last November to put 'em in Cigna Med supps. They were GI due to moving over the state line from Chattanooga, as they were leaving their MAPDs' service area. Cigna had the lowest rates for them, and they knew it.

Only found out later that Cigna doesn't pay any commission on GI business in GA. I'm not used to that here in TN!

Wouldn't have been quite so ticked if it hadn't been for the fact that these folks were long-time clients who moved, and then wanted to leave their MAPDs to get supps, and insisted on a home visit. Wish I could have dealt with them by phone if it were going to be pro bono.

That's weird because they pay full commissions for GI in Illinois...and they're the only company that does.

Why would you drive 110 miles for what could have been done over the phone, Even more so being long time clients should be even easier

Back