Propeller Girl

I think the words (and I'm paraphrasing here) "She walked head-on into the propeller." makes a HUGE difference here. It's one thing if the pilot left the propeller spinning as the passengers exited and she didn't realize it was so close to her and it clipped her or something but the fact that she walked into it HEAD-ON means that she saw the whole thing coming and did nothing to avoid it. Ugh...stupid people...:swoon:

I think the carrier can get out of it. That $200k was a pretty solid offer.

She did lose an eye and a hand though, that's something rough to live with at any age, let alone 23.

100K sub-limit seems really low for a helicopter..

Not that i've written any of these recently but seems like the exposer deserves higher limits.

If thats the case then being under insured is the carrier or brokers fault, thus deserving a higher pay out for scruggs.

That's assuming Scruggs can convince a judge/jury that her walking into the propeller was their liability.

That's assuming Scruggs can convince a judge/jury that her walking into the propeller was their liability.

Shouldn't be too hard. That is a huge liability to leave a spinning blade of death unsecured.

Even if the insurance caps the benefit, they'll still go after the pilot and plane owner. I can't believe anyone allows passengers to disembark in front of a spinning propeller.

I can't believe anyone allows passengers to disembark in front of a spinning propeller.

I cant believe anyone wouldnt hear, see or feel a propeller spinning 10-20 feet from them......

I cant believe anyone wouldnt hear, see or feel a propeller spinning 10-20 feet from them......

You really have to hope someone would notice it. Still, why put someone into such a dangerous situation unless you have to?

At airports, they always stop the propeller on the boarding side for just this reason. There is no reason for it to be spinning when passengers are near. It is dangerous enough for trained personnel.

You really have to hope someone would notice it. Still, why put someone into such a dangerous situation unless you have to?

At airports, they always stop the propeller on the boarding side for just this reason. There is no reason for it to be spinning when passengers are near. It is dangerous enough for trained personnel.

True and agree, but somewhere some friggin common sense has to come into play.......

Back