Question about marketing with door hangers !

doorhangers.com is a good place to get door hangers from.

Their prices are great. You can also get a quote from them and go to a local print shop in your area to get it done. Business is tough right now for lots of folks and a lot of the local guys will be happy to make a few bucks.

Has anyone here actually had door hangers work for them? I tried them out for P&C when I first started in the business because I had more time than money. I put out about 4,000 of them and I only ever got one call and that didn't turn in to a sale... as a result I've never tried them again.

Has anyone here actually had door hangers work for them? I tried them out for P&C when I first started in the business because I had more time than money. I put out about 4,000 of them and I only ever got one call and that didn't turn in to a sale... as a result I've never tried them again.

The best response that I had was from them asking me what the hell I was doing. Not leaving it on their doors.

I always looks at it as a big garden and I was planting sides that might come up and I had nothing better to try at the time.

So what you're saying is you really only need one doorhanger and then just walk around the neighborhoods and look for nice homes where people are outside doing yard work? Then go up and pretend like you're going to hang it on their house and mess up the nice neat appearance? Then start up a conversation about insurance?

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

The best response that I had was from them asking me what the hell I was doing. Not leaving it on their doors.

I always looks at it as a big garden and I was planting sides that might come up and I had nothing better to try at the time.

So what you're saying is you really only need one doorhanger and then just walk around the neighborhoods and look for nice homes where people are outside doing yard work? Then go up and pretend like you're going to hang it on their house and mess up the nice neat appearance? Then start up a conversation about insurance?

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Lot of people are afraid to knock on someones door, but they dont mind leaving something on someones door.

You would get better results door knocking than door hanging, but most are afraid to do this.

It takes time to figure out that you wont get killed door knocking and people are not as bad as you would think.

At my house , I get someone at my door every week trying to sell me something. I'm always nice to them and just say no thank you, but sometimes even I give in and allow them to sell me something. I like some of the gifts they try giving me to get me to talk with them.

The Rainbow vac guy just gave me something good for putting up with them for 1 hour.

Back