Question Regarding LIFE INSURANCE and NICOTINE

Many companies will allow an occasional celebratory cigar and still give non smoker rates.

I called a company last week that the application actually said "have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?"
I already had him quoted at smoker rates and he was happy but I said let's call them and see.
He told them he smokes 5 cigars per day. They approved him as a non smoker rates.
I can't tell the company name because I can't make it too easy on JD.

I called a company last week that the application actually said "have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?"
I already had him quoted at smoker rates and he was happy but I said let's call them and see.
He told them he smokes 5 cigars per day. They approved him as a non smoker rates.

Would guess that the HO is about halfway between us? BTW, been meaning to ask, when you were calling on Funeral homes all over the country, did you ever call on Dennis Bordwine in Etowah, TN?

Would guess that the HO is about halfway between us? BTW, been meaning to ask, when you were calling on Funeral homes all over the country, did you ever call on Dennis Bordwine in Etowah, TN?

I believe so. That's halfway between Chattanooga and Knoxville isn't it?

I believe so. That's halfway between Chattanooga and Knoxville isn't it?

Yeah.. Athens sits at exit 49 on I-75.. Etowah is about 10 miles east on US411. Dennis and I went to school together and he is one of the nicest people I have ever known. He recently sold the funeral home to Frank Myers (owner of Myers funeral home in Tellico Plains if it is still there after the tornado last week).

That's what the Americo application asks, "have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?". They will do non tobacco for chewers, dippers, cigar smokers and pipe smokers.

AmAm asks "tobaccos except for occasional pipe or cigar? They will not, however, define "occasional".

Yeah.. Athens sits at exit 49 on I-75.. Etowah is about 10 miles east on US411. Dennis and I went to school together and he is one of the nicest people I have ever known. He recently sold the funeral home to Frank Myers (owner of Myers funeral home in Tellico Plains if it is still there after the tornado last week).

Yes I remember them. We had a good sales agent in there named David Beeler. He didn't need too much hand holding so I only stopped in about once a year.

When you had a good rep that job was like running a milk route. Too bad there were only a few good ones.

Back