Question who covers in this situation

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I assume Medicare and supplement would cover

However client called me and said his car insurance agent tells him he would not have cov from Medicare in this situation so I thought I would just check

the situation is if he has no fault car ins and has and accident that is his fault, they tell him Medicare will not cover his hospitals and medical bills

Is there any truth to this? I would imagine if this were true I would have heard this before though

I assume Medicare and supplement would cover

However client called me and said his car insurance agent tells him he would not have cov from Medicare in this situation so I thought I would just check

the situation is if he has no fault car ins and has and accident that is his fault, they tell him Medicare will not cover his hospitals and medical bills

Is there any truth to this? I would imagine if this were true I would have heard this before though

No, there is no truth to that. This is why most P&C agents don't do much on the life and health side...they are too busy with P&C to actually learn the other side.

No, there is no truth to that. This is why most P&C agents don't do much on the life and health side...they are too busy with P&C to actually learn the other side.

I thought this was the case but he was concerned and asked do I know for 100% sure he would not stuck for the bill

So I thought I would just check but I thought it sounded kind of insane

You mean you are not aware that Medicare publishes a booklet every year called Medicare and You?

The current booklet for 2024 is 128 pages and there is a whole chapter about how Medicare works with other health insurance.

You mean you are not aware that Medicare publishes a booklet every year called Medicare and You?

The current booklet for 2024 is 128 pages and there is a whole chapter about how Medicare works with other health insurance.

I haven't looked at it in 10 years, but its something I think if it were an issue some would have had to deal with it

Of course it would depend on the coverage for the vehicle, so you need more info.

Of course it would depend on the coverage for the vehicle, so you need more info.

the question is this, if the car ins does not pay because its no fault and the accident was his fault

would Medicare also not pay?

Which I thought was crazy, but the car ins guy told my client that Medicare would not pay in this case and he would be exposed to paying it all out of pocket

I told him I am sure if that was the case I would have heard of this before, but he wanted me to check because the car ins guys was adamant

but he was not concerned about who would pay, but rather if car ins did not would Medicare also not pay

Back