Questions Wanted: Hiring A Telemarketer

I've more or less put together my materials for a webinar tomorrow about how to hire and manage a telemarketer, but I was curious to get some feedback from you folks about some questions you would have so I could include them in the presentation. Anything about hiring and managing a telemarketer is fair game.

If you'd rather respond privately just send the questions to [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

If I were you I wouldn't bother. Too many times agents outsource the most vital parts of the business which is phone calls. If you're going to have someone call on your behalf then I agree 100% with comment about splitting commissions because their income should be directly related to sales made not appointments set. The last thing you want are a bunch of unqualified appointments that are a waste of your time. Hire someone that will help you with processing paperwork, prepares files, illustrations, etc. Farm out the stuff that wastes your time. Do not outsource the important things. I learned this from experience. That's my opinion.

If I were you I wouldn't bother. Too many times agents outsource the most vital parts of the business which is phone calls. If you're going to have someone call on your behalf then I agree 100% with comment about splitting commissions because their income should be directly related to sales made not appointments set. The last thing you want are a bunch of unqualified appointments that are a waste of your time. Hire someone that will help you with processing paperwork, prepares files, illustrations, etc. Farm out the stuff that wastes your time. Do not outsource the important things. I learned this from experience. That's my opinion.

I give you points for boldness. With all due respect, my experience has been quite the opposite of what you're suggesting. Hiring and training the right telemarketer can make marketing much easier. I'll give you an example:

I took a telemarket, stuck a few thousand aged internet leads into a dialer, had them dial away. Some nights not much by way of leads, other nights much better. One night I remember in particular I called up a lead that had been generated, wrote the app, did $1,600 in premium in about an hour. Admittedly it was a graded product so it was only 60%-70%, but I made over $1k and I called on 3 leads that had spoken with a telemarketer the night before without having to talk to a few hundred folks that wanted to tell me to eat dirt and die. Worked for me. I could give you another dozen examples, but the bottom line is that for you to dismiss the notion of hiring a telemarketer at it's face seems a bit uncalled for.

Where in Virginia are you?

I want to see your seminar when I get the chance. I might add that if you can give them an incentive so they feel they are part of your investment they will last longer.

I want to see your seminar when I get the chance. I might add that if you can give them an incentive so they feel they are part of your investment they will last longer.

That seminar was long gone, but I should probably put together a video and put it on my site.

I give you points for boldness. With all due respect, my experience has been quite the opposite of what you're suggesting. Hiring and training the right telemarketer can make marketing much easier. I'll give you an example:

I took a telemarket, stuck a few thousand aged internet leads into a dialer, had them dial away. Some nights not much by way of leads, other nights much better. One night I remember in particular I called up a lead that had been generated, wrote the app, did $1,600 in premium in about an hour. Admittedly it was a graded product so it was only 60%-70%, but I made over $1k and I called on 3 leads that had spoken with a telemarketer the night before without having to talk to a few hundred folks that wanted to tell me to eat dirt and die. Worked for me. I could give you another dozen examples, but the bottom line is that for you to dismiss the notion of hiring a telemarketer at it's face seems a bit uncalled for.

Where in Virginia are you?

Funny how I posted this on another thread and started getting all kinda of "your lazy, dumb, not legit etc..." I know for a fact farming out telemarketing for appointments works, I did it in financial services...just has to be the right person, type of calls, service ...

Back