Quote Wizard

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I had an agent send this to me and wanted to share it with you and see if any of you have bought leads from a company called " Quote Wizard". If you bought from them, how were the leads?

The agent email me and wrote:

I had a pregnant staff member go to a site called: thebump.com to try & get some free baby stuff. Filled out lots of personal info to get a baby stroller & other stuff. At the end it asked her if she wanted to get an insurance quote or "just get my free stuff."

She clicked just the free stuff & within a minute, an insurance agent called her to give her an auto quote. Within two days she had emails introducing her to 21st Century, Geico and eSurance for auto quotes. Also had an education offer since she disclosed she only had a high school education:(

She asked the agent where he got the lead from: Quote Wizard he said. She also rec'd follow up emails from QW introducing the above companies to her. I've heard from others that this is the way QW drives many of their own leads. NOT via affiliates but of course, affiliates get the blame from many who don't understand the business."

I went from Netquotes, which were sponsored by my captive company, to InsuranceLeads.com, then to QuoteWizard. I had a little bit of success with each but not a huge ROI.

It seems they are all going to extremes to get leads, they should at least let "prospects" know that insurance agents would be contacting them. Then all of the lead vendors try to fight it when agents request credits...

Stories like these give the lead business a bad name. If it is indeed true-- It is obviously a shame.

What do you mean if it is indeed true? Oh, this particular case may not be, but demand grossly exceeds supply of leads. Vendors and affiliates will always pull tricks to try and create the supply. By and large, internet leads are a fools game.

What do you mean if it is indeed true? Oh, this particular case may not be, but demand grossly exceeds supply of leads. Vendors and affiliates will always pull tricks to try and create the supply. By and large, internet leads are a fools game.

Oh I believe its true... but whenever I hear a story from someone who heard the story from someone else I always acknowledge there is a chance it isn't that's all.

We have been using Quote Wizard now for a few months, received over 100+ leads, and I can safely say that it has been an absolute WASTE of time and money. I understand leads are not 100% good quality, but 0%?? That, in my mind, is not only ridiculous, but unacceptable. 90% of the leads had bad or disconnected numbers, many said that they never requested quotes, or that they were quoting their insurance 8-10 months prior. At first, we were able to credit bad phone numbers, but a cap was set on our account meaning that we could not request anymore credit till the next month. With the window to request credit only 10 days and the end of the month more than 10 days away, we were told there was nothing they could do and we would just have to pay for those bad leads. Upon calling to have this conversation with their Customer Service Center, as I vented my frustration with throwing money away, they actually tried to pivot Homeowners leads to me, which they assured me, are of much better quality (and price). Don't throw your money away!

I had an agent send this to me and wanted to share it with you and see if any of you have bought leads from a company called " Quote Wizard". If you bought from them, how were the leads?

The agent email me and wrote:

I had a pregnant staff member go to a site called: thebump.com to try & get some free baby stuff. Filled out lots of personal info to get a baby stroller & other stuff. At the end it asked her if she wanted to get an insurance quote or "just get my free stuff."

She clicked just the free stuff & within a minute, an insurance agent called her to give her an auto quote. Within two days she had emails introducing her to 21st Century, Geico and eSurance for auto quotes. Also had an education offer since she disclosed she only had a high school education:(

She asked the agent where he got the lead from: Quote Wizard he said. She also rec'd follow up emails from QW introducing the above companies to her. I've heard from others that this is the way QW drives many of their own leads. NOT via affiliates but of course, affiliates get the blame from many who don't understand the business."

This is a Prime example of why I stop buying internet leads a long time ago. Plus I found out one of the Internet Lead companies owns like a lot of other lead shops and they get the lead sell the customer and then pass the lead on to so many agents. I have tired them all with daily budgets of $100's of dollars and I can tell you it did not work for me.

Not to say there are not other agents that it does work for but for me I just could no longer do it. And also some of these lead companies go out of business and change their name and now this week they are something else.:swoon:

Internet Leads are like an addiction. You get tired of cold calls and you start buying these things. Some times I think my ROI would be better if I didn't buy leads. I have contemplated many other methods to get leads, just haven't been successful with any so far. About to do things much differently I know that. Just not sure what.

Internet Leads are like an addiction. You get tired of cold calls and you start buying these things. Some times I think my ROI would be better if I didn't buy leads. I have contemplated many other methods to get leads, just haven't been successful with any so far. About to do things much differently I know that. Just not sure what.

Look at what you are selling...then find a post on this website about it and look for a post. There is a lot of good info here. So do what I do stay up late and read all you can....I have been in the business eight years and I am always getting something from these guys. I have been coming to this website for Years I just never joined and now I have.

Once you look pass some of the smart mouth's you should get what you need to help you start.

Back