• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Quotit Joins the Forum

As a kid growing up, we had Penn State season tickets. I saw my fair share of 55-7 wins over Temple and Syracuse.

I miss the Penn State-Pitt series. And as much as I dislike Notre Dame, that series was quite interesting.

But...time for Joe to retire. The offense is not quite as predictable as a few years ago, but to beat OSU and UM...a change might be needed.

As a kid growing up, we had Penn State season tickets. I saw my fair share of 55-7 wins over Temple and Syracuse.

I miss the Penn State-Pitt series. And as much as I dislike Notre Dame, that series was quite interesting.

But...time for Joe to retire. The offense is not quite as predictable as a few years ago, but to beat OSU and UM...a change might be needed.

I agree. Joe had an absolutely legendary run. Time to modernize though. Old-fashioned nose to nose football has been gone for quite some time now. Love the guy though. Perhaps it's time to rename the stadium to "St. Joe's Cathedral".

:yes:

I will say that I NEVER had so many offers for penis enlargement and canadian drugs than allowing quotit to host one of my email accounts. It was absolutely unbelievable - no spam filter whatsover.

Hi Mr. Bill,

We do not filter spam, although there are numerous third-party tools you can use... and of course there are some practices you can employ to reduce spam volume.
We have made the decision not to filter spam because if we filter spam then we are responsible for correctly identifying spam or non-spam ... so if we throw away a "good" message there is a problem.

The flip side of this, as an example ... A competitor of ours goes a little further than spam blocking - they actually make decisions about the kinds of legitimate B2B emails you "should" be receiving. For example, any email from a person at Quotit.com will be rejected by their servers. True story.

We have contacted them several times and they do not return our calls. To our competitor: You know who you are - if you remove the email block, I will edit this post to that effect.

While the blocking of Quotit-originated emails MAY be the only emails they are blocking... I'm not sure this is a function a host should be providing. If this line has been crossed, what is the next step? Blocking emails from competing lead vendors also? Receiving payment from one health carrier to block all emails from a competing health carrier? I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE DOING THOSE THINGS. I am pointing out the slippery slope of performing editorial services as an undocumented "service" of a hosting contract. Where do you draw the line?

While we're on the subject... Another hosting "service" I disagree with is domain name ownership by the host. Just last week, we got a new customer that told us upon joining that it took them 4 months to fight to "get back" the domain name that their quoting company had secured for him when the agent had originally signed up with them. Whoever you get a domain from (and GoDaddy and others have them for very little money), make sure that you will retain ownership of that name at parting.

- Mark from Q

Last edited:
Mark:

I use your quote engine on MY site rather than a site built by Quotit. This allows me (or rather my web guy) to do SEO, keywords, etc.

What is the advantage and disadvantage of doing it this way? Can your site be modified to include a blog, keyword changes, etc.?

Rick

Mark:

I use your quote engine on MY site rather than a site built by Quotit. This allows me (or rather my web guy) to do SEO, keywords, etc.

What is the advantage and disadvantage of doing it this way? Can your site be modified to include a blog, keyword changes, etc.?

Rick

Hi Rick,

According to Michael, your rep at Quotit, you are set up very well with the combination of your own site and our quoting service.

"Our" sites are really not much different however... Meaning that if you got a site from us, we could still give you a dot-com, and some of the same flexibilities you might otherwise have with your own site.

Michael will call you later today as a courtesy to make sure this answers your question.

Thank you,
M from Q

Back