Rate Increases, What Are You Seeing...

You mean like Wellpoint in CA? Right. 39% announced rate increase until the government got involved. Then they claimed a "math error." Silly actuaries - forgot to carry the 1.

Just for the record for you out of stater's, the premium increase you are referencing was between 19% & 22% for probably 99% of Anthem insureds. There was a very few insureds that in fact rec'd +39%.
Of course, the media only saw the "39%". Not the "up to 39%"
And, IMH, Obama seized the "up to 39%", spun it into a "39%" increase to finally help pass his health care reform.
I blame Wellpoint for PPACA passing.

Just for the record for you out of stater's, the premium increase you are referencing was between 19% & 22% for probably 99% of Anthem insureds. There was a very few insureds that in fact rec'd +39%.
Of course, the media only saw the "39%". Not the "up to 39%"
And, IMH, Obama seized the "up to 39%", spun it into a "39%" increase to finally help pass his health care reform.
I blame Wellpoint for PPACA passing.

My friend... i have said that all along... agree 10000000%
Wellpoint is worthless as teats on a boar hog

The new MLR rule and associated admin and commission cuts have had a profound effect here in the Chicago area. Here's the approximate rate increases I've experienced this year...

Blue Cross - 4%
Humana - 7%
Aetna - 3%
IHC - 12%

Predominately HSA policies.

-ac

All I see is 10-40% in FL and AZ since neither DOI is stepping in. I kind of wish they did, as it's blowing up my current book, and just waiting for clients to throw up their hands and say f it......I'll pay the penalty. BCBS AZ is low single digits, and highly recommending them over other carriers when possible.

Back