Recent Email from Health Sherpa

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Am I understanding the email about SEP enrollment correctly in that we now do the application on Health Sherpa, but then have to do a 3-way call with the Marketplace? Ugh! I loathe calling the Marketplace.

Am I understanding the email about SEP enrollment correctly in that we now do the application on Health Sherpa, but then have to do a 3-way call with the Marketplace? Ugh! I loathe calling the Marketplace.

but it is free...........

Hi, this is Ning from HealthSherpa. This the best flow that's possible for now, from any WBE. We've streamlined the process as much as possible. The phone call will last ~ 5 minutes - all you have to do is specify the FFM ID, have your consumer speak their plan selection, and read your name / NPN to the rep for credit.

We are working very hard to provide a better experience now. All applications done through this channel are free. We will have our original smooth enrollment experience at least during OEP, and possibly SEP dependent on the status of WBE development.

A benefit of this is that your consumer will be in the system and ready for a rapid renewal during OEP if they prefer.

Thanks,
Ning

They will also work with a call, assuming a valid SEP. There should be an FFM ID in the application detail page. If you have any issues, let us know via [email protected] and we'll resolve ASAP.

I bet the _______ who run E-healthinsurance.com (and maybe some other WBE's) got jealous and pressured HHS into forcing HealthSherpa to follow the same SEP enrollment procedures they must adhere to.

HHS should have just let all WBE's do it the HealthSherpa way, instead of the other way around. Thought they wanted all the enrollments they could get.

AllenChicago - to be clear, we've always used the official WBE integration and adhered to CMS guidelines, with some streamlining on top.

Thanks,
Ning

Hi Ning and thanks for the update.

What about SEPs done through Sherpa from the last few months (and last few weeks)? What was the date they no longer worked without a call?

I believe May 1 is the date you were asking for CHUMPS. SEP submissions done before that should have all gone through. They better have!

A benefit of this is that your consumer will be in the system and ready for a rapid renewal during OEP if they prefer.

Thanks,
Ning

Can you share what the process will be for clients already in the Sherpa system for next OEP?? They don't have an "account" established at HC.gov, just an Application. Will you find the old 2015 app and terminate it? and a new one created for 2016 thru Sherpa?

For those that used Sherpa in 15', but "AUTO re-enroll" in 2016, will the agent NPN stay on the application?

Thanks in advance. Knowing these items will cause me to run as many clients through Sherpa as possible.

Back