Recent Email from Health Sherpa

AllenChicago - to be clear, we've always used the official WBE integration and adhered to CMS guidelines, with some streamlining on top.

Thanks,
Ning

Ning, why would HHS get upset with HealthSherpa for "streamlining", as long as you're in adherence/compliance? I still think you were ratted out by some scumbags.

I'm sure the notification went out to all WBE's, and it's not just CMS playing favorites.

Except of course, displaying favoritism towards themselves to lock out the private market and have more control over distribution.

I'm sure the notification went out to all WBE's, and it's not just CMS playing favorites.

Except of course, displaying favoritism towards themselves to lock out the private market and have more control over distribution.

They would NEVER do that (wink, wink).

Correct, we are not singled out. The WBE integration submission mechanism is down for all WBE's for SEP (for now). For 2016 OEP renewals:

1) If passive, the app ID remains the same, and hence the BoR does not change.
2) Active renewals get a new app ID. If enrolling through HealthSherpa, we will automatically attach your NPN to the new app. The marketplace automatically terms the old policy.

If you have a stuck app from before 5/1, please email us at [email protected] and we'll make sure it's resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Ning

p.s. the reason for a new app id on active renewal is that the marketplace is architected around an app per year, and active renewals generate a new policy.

HHS required E-Healthinsurance, Go-Health and probably others, to do the confirmation phone call between HHS and the Insured/Applicant during the SEP. Sherpa was not required to do this...until now.

2) Active renewals get a new app ID. If enrolling through HealthSherpa, we will automatically attach your NPN to the new app. The marketplace automatically terms the old policy.

p.s. the reason for a new app id on active renewal is that the marketplace is architected around an app per year, and active renewals generate a new policy.

BUT, I had a number of clients ON exchange in 2014, and then we used Sherpa in 2015, but then found many cases where the 2014 application "auto renewed" without being cancelled, essentially having 2 open applications for 2015 (1 thru Sherpa, and 1 auto re-enroll). Any insight?

and ning... to tag on to what y-agents said what about those that call into the marketplace to make some goofy change like address or drop the kid that turned 26.... when using sherpa do we still have our NPN number carry over, or is there a reason that all those cases I lost the broker of record on?...

and ning... to tag on to what y-agents said what about those that call into the marketplace to make some goofy change like address or drop the kid that turned 26.... when using sherpa do we still have our NPN number carry over, or is there a reason that all those cases I lost the broker of record on?...

From what I am seeing, that is an FFM issue. A MAJOR FFM issue, at that. Cannot really blame Sherpa for this......

CIC/SEP apps seem to be stripping the NPN regardless of whether auto or manually generated.

Every auto generated APTC adjustment app I have, has had the NPN stripped.

I went in and did a few CIC/SEP apps over the last 2 weeks, with clients that had marketplace accounts, and noticed, in every case, that my NPN was not auto populated on the CIC/SEP app.

And of course, CMS/HHS's response to any missing NPN issues is to resolve with the issuer and NOT submit another app.........which can be problematic with carriers that aren't agent friendly.....

From what I am seeing, that is an FFM issue. A MAJOR FFM issue, at that. Cannot really blame Sherpa for this......

CIC/SEP apps seem to be stripping the NPN regardless of whether auto or manually generated.

Every auto generated APTC adjustment app I have, has had the NPN stripped.

I went in and did a few CIC/SEP apps over the last 2 weeks, with clients that had marketplace accounts, and noticed, in every case, that my NPN was not auto populated on the CIC/SEP app.

And of course, CMS/HHS's response to any missing NPN issues is to resolve with the issuer and NOT submit another app.........which can be problematic with carriers that aren't agent friendly.....

It's clear to me that whenever they get involved, the agent is going to be at risk if not eliminated. And - why not? The insurance companies could care less . . . .they're making tons of money now, with doubled premiums and fewer agents to pay.

all auto aptc changes have retained my npn..... any client call in cic is causing the npn to not transfer over since when the application is completed back in aep we NEVER entered in our npn because we were logged into our back door at the ffm.

There is a massive glitch that to now has not been corrected and I expect corrective action to be done. Only thing we don't have a handle on is if the other wbe's can effectively articulate to us if they have the same problem.

Back