Recommend Online Training Courses for Insurance License?

TWAgent

Expert
Hi, I have to retake my test again.

I need some good reviews for online sites that offer insurance training courses for Colorado. I need to take my P/C and Life/health I believe?

Thank you in advanced!

I noticed the other day that the ILIAA.org has a program for it's members to receive discounts or something like that for online licensing.

You can try LearnInsurance.com. I tried their Online Insurance pre-licensing packages for Texas. All courses that they offer are 100% online and self-paced. And guess what, they also offer guide resources, preparatory exams, and an Instructor Connect program for you to be able to ask questions or clarifications about your insurance licensing exam.

Hi, I have to retake my test again.

I need some good reviews for online sites that offer insurance training courses for Colorado. I need to take my P/C and Life/health I believe?

Thank you in advanced!

I've been using Insurance License - Online Insurance License Schools, Classes & Courses - Illinois InsuranceLicenseExpress.com, and am pretty happy with it. It's self paced, there's some decent study-guide material, and it's cheap ($80 for health/life, I don't know what it is for P&C, but probably similar).

Thank you Carroll. I ended up working with Kaplan online Insurance. I was surprised how detailed there training is. So far so good. I will save your link for next time though! :)

PS: How are things in the business and industry this year?

I did my prelicensing in Florida using an online company out of New Jersey called greenlight test prep.

I admit that I mainly chose them because they came up first or second on the Dept of Financial Services list of accredited prelicensers but I also liked that you watched videos rather than exclusively having to read through all of the material

I was pleased with how I did on the exam after the course but they are not inexpensive (I payed more than double your $80). Also they are not as tailored to the laws in each state -- and not coincidentally the questions on Fl law and state regs was the only part I struggled with (so many 7 days for this, 60 days for that rules to remember)

One big positive I can say for greenlight is that they are VERY responsive. I sent them an email at midnight and they called about it the next morning before I was even awake. I sent them another email on Saturday and got a prompt call on Sunday morning.

Would recommend, but I wouldn't be adverse to trying a different company either just to see how they compare and get a better feel for how thing stack up from one to the next

Only thing I wouldn't recommend is to complete semester hours online through a college. I tried that about 4 years. While I didn't complete it mainly because of an auto accident, I can say that it was just one BORING wall of text after another with no feedback or assistance.

Hey, I know this isn't the question you asked, but my two cents: take the time to do classroom training. It doesn't matter if you've been licensed for only 1 year, or 10, or 25. Laws change, methods change, the industry changes every few years or so. Face-to-face training gives you an opportunity to ask questions and maybe learn from other peoples questions as well. I know more than a couple 20+ year veterans of the industry that could use a refresher opportunity like this. Yeah, it is time off of work, but think of the competitive advantage you'll have: fresh knowledge plus experience. It means a lot.

Back