Recommend Online Training Courses for Insurance License?

I have used both Kaplan and TestTeachers for my TX Life, Accident and Health licensing.

I took the exam once in 2008, left the industry and like an ***, let my licenses lapse. It's four years later now, so I had to study and retest again, just this week in fact, so I'll tell you what I did...

I bought Test Teachers, but found that it wasn't nearly as detailed as Kaplan and didn't come with many test questions or mock exams. So, I ended up studying with TestTeachers AND purchasing the online Kaplan Qbank. Between the two, I passed with an 85%, vs passing with a 75% the first time years ago with just Kaplan material alone.

Test Teachers condenses all of the material and even leaves some things out completely and there is no textbook, so if you want something to make notes on, you'll have to print everything out. However, if you are a visual learner, it might work well for you b/c it comes with online streaming video presentations of each section to go along with what you've read...

Kaplan was a lot more professional and comprehensive. The information doesn't seem to be scattered and the question bank feature is awesome. You can set up mock tests over each section and subsection you are having trouble with, with as many questions as you like. It scores you along the way and provides a rationale. If I had it to do all over again, I might have simply purchased Kaplan, however, it was nice to have two different test prep companies to study with b/c it mixed things up and ultimately improved my score. Good luck!

CO is a certificate state. Once you have completed your online or classroom course, you will be issued a certificate that will allow you to move forward with the licensing process. I highly recommend ExamFX as they guarantee you will pass your exam the first time or they will refund 100% of your money. They have videos, flashcards and their Exam Simulator that will get you prepared to pass.

Last edited:
iNeedMyCE.com has Insurance Pre-License Courses with a 'phone a expert' when you run into questions as you are taking the courses. They will help you when you get confused.

iNeedMyCE.com has Insurance Pre-License Courses with a 'phone a expert' when you run into questions as you are taking the courses. They will help you when you get confused.

3 posts all promoting that company.

For full disclosure, who do you work for?

Rick

It's evident he works for this company:

Technical Contact:
Luedeke, Shay [email protected]
iNeedMyCE.com
PO Box 2103
Belton, Texas 76513
United States

That is correct. It's been years since I've posted in any forum. Posted pretty often when I was working for webhosting company back in the day. Just Googled my company and came across this forum.

shay said:

Is that similar to a "phone e expert"? Now if you could only make the expert available during the licensing course that would be the ticket......

Is CE really that big of an issue as to need an expert available by phone?

Is that similar to a "phone e expert"? Now if you could only make the expert available during the licensing course that would be the ticket......

Is CE really that big of an issue as to need an expert available by phone?

The pre-licensing courses have the 'phone an expert' option, the CE courses do not have an option to help you complete your CE.

Back