Release of Agent

I need help with getting my Appointments released from my old upline. They are refusing to release them even though I haven't worked for them since last Dec. Is there any way to get this done ASAP!!

I need to write a book. I'll call it "Cage rattling 101, how to get released from an upline most of the time".

First step post the names of those dirty rotten scoundrels right here. For the rest of my techniques you have to buy the book.

My son in law was working with a company and got fired. He is trying to work with another company but Assurance won't release his license. Is there a way he can get it released? He has to work to support his family, he is a father too. How does someone make it if they have their license held during the AEP? That seems more than a little shady for people that always say they are honest. Doesn't sound so honest to me.

My son in law was working with a company and got fired. He is trying to work with another company but Assurance won't release his license. Is there a way he can get it released?

Assurance should not be able to stop him from contracting with another company. That being said unless there is something relating to why he got fired.

That seems more than a little shady for people that always say they are honest. Doesn't sound so honest to me.

FMO's are as honest as what they have put in writing.(not counting some of the good guys on this forum)

My son in law was working with a company and got fired. He is trying to work with another company but Assurance won't release his license. Is there a way he can get it released? He has to work to support his family, he is a father too. How does someone make it if they have their license held during the AEP? That seems more than a little shady for people that always say they are honest. Doesn't sound so honest to me.
Assurance can't hold his license, they can only hold up the contracts of the carriers he has contracted with through Assurance.

He needs to write to each carrier he has contracted through Assurance and terminate his contracts. When he gets confirmation of termination, he has to wait 6 months, then recontract with them through a new FMO.

While waiting the 6 months, there are plenty of other good carriers that are competitive that he can contract with through another FMO. There are several trustworthy FMO's on this Forum.

I'd start by talking to this guy.:yes:

3501.jpg

That's just wrong. How is that even legal? That is a direct attack on someone's ability to work. He was a broker and had more then one company and now he can't work because they don't want to release him? Again, how is that legal. Seems very shady and underhanded for a geoup of people that want to be trusted and thought to be above reproach. No one should be able to hold your ability to earn money hostage and tell you that you can't work if they don't want you to, regardless of what company he wrote for. That is some really awful behavior and should NIT be allowed. With all the policing on the agents for insurance you would think there would be some protections for them too.

With all the policing on the agents for insurance you would think there would be some protections for them too.

Thats a key point. The FMO's are not under the strict policing agents face when we sell to consumers. Thats why they operate the way they do. I agree its wrong but it has been this way for a long time. Until agents do something about it, it will continue.

That's just wrong. How is that even legal? That is a direct attack on someone's ability to work. He was a broker and had more then one company and now he can't work because they don't want to release him? Again, how is that legal. Seems very shady and underhanded for a geoup of people that want to be trusted and thought to be above reproach. No one should be able to hold your ability to earn money hostage and tell you that you can't work if they don't want you to, regardless of what company he wrote for. That is some really awful behavior and should NIT be allowed. With all the policing on the agents for insurance you would think there would be some protections for them too.

I love the dirty laundry that gets aired here. Other's experiences are great learning opportunities.

I see the agent/(FMO/IMO) relationship through the historical perspective of an agent. When you are new in the profession, it's very important for building a foundation of education in areas relevant to your sales. But as time goes on, and an agent learns, grows, and continues to learn, the relationship is important more for the check up from the neck up, new product offerings, and perhaps leads or moral support in what is truly a lonely profession... but its never as relevant as in those early months.

To senior, seasoned agents, the relationship with the FMO/IMO is more good product and good commission offerings, while offering a safe and honest space to place contracts. Once that trust has been broken and dirty pool is at play, its time for others to set up and take notice. :yes:

I got bit once in the business and at the time it made we want quit. An FMO blew up and left me with the choice to stay or go with the departing fraction... I felt very betrayed. I had a friend who pointed me in the direction of independence which I took and never looked back.

A very good thing!

Back